PDA

View Full Version : Help! Need what I think is a door trigger?

krz2fer
10-15-2002, 10:12 AM
The little piece covered in rubber that triggers the dome light to come on upon the opening of the door is jammed on the drivers door of my 92 Honda Civic.

Is this indeed called the door trigger or something else? I can't find it on the net by that name. Please help!

Thanks,
Chris

blind34_1
10-15-2002, 04:26 PM
It's just a little switch that your talking about right? When door is closed light goes off, when door is open light comes on? How is it jammed? Try removing it by pushing the switch inwards like your door is closed. There should be a screw. Just take it out and dissconnect the wire. PLay with the spring inside the switch, and that might help you. (If you lose the spring, like I did, you can use one out of a pen) Your switch is priobably different though, your one generation above me.

krz2fer
10-15-2002, 05:59 PM
Yeah that's exactly what I mean. I've messed with it in the door frame itself, trying to un jam it. It gets stuck on the "light off" in "in" position. I can pull it out to make the light come on, but as soon as the door closes again, it'll just stay stuck in that light off position.

Is this the door trigger? Are you able to get a replacement anywhere if your fix it doesn't work?

-Chris

ebpda9
10-15-2002, 06:33 PM
i don't know dude how it is called. one of mines doesn't work at all. remains in the off position. try using some electrical connection cleaner to unjam it.

blind34_1
10-17-2002, 02:39 PM
My door switches have one wire going to them. This is a postive wire. The switch makes a direct ground with the chassis, so make sure that the sliding part of the switch is actually touching metal and completing the circuit. check that spring. or check your junkyard and find a donor car. buy it and strip it for extra parts. I'm looking for one of my gen right now.
BTW: Its really handy to use that switch for alarm door sensors.

foxygrandma
10-20-2002, 07:35 AM
if you go to honda and tell them what it is i am sure they will have it in stock for about $5 bucks. as for what its called, dome light door switch?