PDA

View Full Version : help cai questions

custom rookie
10-15-2002, 01:43 AM
I just got a aem cai w/bypass valve, i have two problems, first i cant get my bypass valve to fit on the air filter tubing, it fits fine on the main inlet area. Secondly, after messing with the bypass and not getting it to work i decided just to install the normal way, but anyways i started the car after checking that everything proper and hear the beautiful sound of the cai, drove a little while and turned off car, restarted and suddenly NO SOUND, i cant hear the noise anymore and i have noticed a slight loss in power. What could the problem be?????

Please help me.
thank you all

94_AcCoRd_EX
10-15-2002, 02:11 AM
You know you have to cut the intake and install the bypass valve inline, right? If it doesn't fit, they gave you the wrong size.

If something's sounding different, check your connections. That's really the only thing that would change it.

custom rookie
10-15-2002, 08:46 AM
Yeah i knew i had to install at the break in tubes and i had to cut my lower tube. The thing fits snug on the 2.5" but when i try to put it over the 2.75" it wont go and is actually almost breaking the mounts on the bypass

I ll have to recheck my seals on the cai to make sure nothing is leaking
thanks

94_AcCoRd_EX
10-15-2002, 01:46 PM
It should be the same size on both sides! You just cut the pipe (somewhere near the TB) and insert the BPV. Why would one side be larger?