PDA

View Full Version : Lsd

ebpda9
10-14-2002, 12:46 PM
i found a nice LSD for my car and it cheap, but it is not specified if it is for an auto or manual tranny. i called the store and they told me at first that they don't know if the LSD will fit, or not, but after 5 seconds they told me that another dude called a while back and had the same discussion with them, so they called the manufacturer and found out that the LSD will fit. I just wanna know if that is true so i don't waste money on it and won't fit.

http://mmrusa.com/phantom1.htm

Accord Man
10-14-2002, 12:51 PM
92-96 Accord.. what about 97?! LMAO..

ebpda9
10-14-2002, 12:52 PM
what about 90-91 ? i know they have different trannies. at least for the automatic. none of them are ap4x's

ShEaNy
10-15-2002, 01:59 PM
argh i need me one of those..

Addict
10-16-2002, 09:23 AM
Screw them. I don't see anything for a 00 Si on there......:no:

Not liek I'd try to put that in myself anyhow. Tranny work just doesn't sound like fun.

ChrisCantSkate
10-16-2002, 11:04 AM
phantom isnt that great of a LSD... get a quaife! ive herd people have alot of problems with the phantoms

nonovurbizniz
10-28-2002, 08:32 PM
phantom grip converts your existing dif. into a limited slip so.. if your stock dif isn't beefey it'll break but it's cheap as hell and so are stock honda dif.'s as long as there junk yard parts.

You could probobly buy 3-4 dif/phantom grip lsd's for the same as 1 quaife or kaaz but of course the quaife will never break (with in reason)

ChrisCantSkate
11-03-2002, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by nonovurbizniz
You could probobly buy 3-4 dif/phantom grip lsd's for the same as 1 quaife or kaaz but of course the quaife will never break (with in reason)
and if it does, quaife warentees it even if used for racing

infil
11-22-2002, 10:45 PM
the only problems with the phantom grips are the springs are usually too soft. the race springs solve that problem. The install isn't a huge pita, worst part is getting the shafts lined up and keeping he forks engaged. The quaife is definately a better unit, but also hits the wallet alot harder. Look at the differences, quaife is a true torsen type, phantom grips is essentially a locker. For what i paid, i'm definately happy with my current phantom grip(resprung) and my last one was an improvement over stock, although didn't guarantee a solid lockup. So far I have noticed this one to feel alot more positive and torque steer is greatly reduced. Once my clutch is broken in completely i'll see how it holds up to a few burnouts, hard launches etc.