PDA

View Full Version : del sol VTEC vs. del slo

diligent_dave
10-07-2002, 08:52 AM
Saturday night:

A friend and I are coming back from eating some pizza and I come up to a light. A good amount of cars around me. My buddy says he hears someone revving. I turn down my radio to try and figure out who it is. I can't see who it was so when the light turns green I take off kind of slow. I just cruise to try and let whoever it was catch up. I see the tell-tale del sol auxillary light start comin up.

A light green del sol comes up next to me. I start to scope it out to see what I could see see see. Hmmm, a nasty lookin exhaust, an msd sticker, ricey crap...I'll race him. lol

So we kinda play around a little till we get a little open road. I switch over into the left lane doin about 70 in 4th at this time. He goes around the last car that is near us for a long time and gets behind me. I hear him hit the gas and he starts to come around me. I'm not gonna let him fly past...

Doin' about 80 now I downshift into 3rd. I'm almost instantly matched to his speed as he comes up next to me. I shift into 4th and start pulling away like whoa. I shift into 5th at 115 and keep goin'. I shut it down when I got to 130 or so. He is sooo far behind. At least buslength. A ways down the road I see him put on his blinker and go into a little golf community thing where some of my friends live.

I go home and call my buddy Alvin to see if he knows that guy. It turns out this dood lives across the street from him and has been workin on is sol hardcore. Spinnin' wrenches past 1 am and doin many wot test runs down the street. He obviously need to get back to work. I also found out that it was a 1.6 sohc vtec, not sure of all the mods he has.

Fast forward to sunday:

I go over to Alvins after we went and saw his girlfriend at a rodeo (she does barrel racing and what not). Look over towards the guys house I beat and lo and behold the boy is comin out of his driveway. I close my trunk and stay by my car so he knows I'm the one that had beaten him. As he goes past me he revs. WTF. I already beat the crap outta him. Oh well. :bandit:

Racing Rice
10-07-2002, 09:50 AM
Good kill.:yes:

What mods do you have done to your sol?

Rob
10-07-2002, 11:32 AM
Nice kill!

ebpda9
10-07-2002, 12:49 PM
was yours the del slo ? jfwy

nice kill

diligent_dave
10-07-2002, 09:23 PM
Thanks peeps.

The sol is stock right now. I just have the stock b16a3 which in my little sol gets along pretty well. At the end of the month I'm going to purchase a Tanabe racing medallion catback once the rest of the bills are paid. :)

juvenile
10-07-2002, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by diligent_dave
Thanks peeps.

The sol is stock right now. I just have the stock b16a3 which in my little sol gets along pretty well. At the end of the month I'm going to purchase a Tanabe racing medallion catback once the rest of the bills are paid. :)
I thought you had a truck?

diligent_dave
10-08-2002, 07:52 PM
hehehe Yep still have my lil dakota. I just picked myself up a little rice rocket too. :D There for a little bit it was acting kinda screwy and I needed somethin' to get to work and what not. I've since fixed it. :cool:

juvenile
10-08-2002, 09:27 PM
sweet
btw the b16...isn't that the stock engine in the del sol?

Kyle
10-08-2002, 09:38 PM
I think his version does...i'm pretty sure stock del sols come with d16's...

diligent_dave
10-08-2002, 10:19 PM
Yep it's stock for mine. You can get del sol's in three engine levels. The lowest has a d16z6 sohc non-vtec. The next up is a d16 sohc vtec. And the del sol VTEC model has the b16a3.

delsolvtec
10-09-2002, 12:46 AM
a del sol killing another del sol? That's just canibalism.. :crazy:

94_AcCoRd_EX
10-09-2002, 12:54 AM
Sounds like a great kill :cool:

Rob
10-09-2002, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by delsolvtec
a del sol killing another del sol? That's just canibalism.. :crazy:
:D

VR4_Craver
10-10-2002, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
was yours the del slo ? jfwy

:D :D :D

Matrix
10-11-2002, 05:21 PM
Smooth. Nice kill.

I have not met many people who hooked up a del Sol well, I hope you do it right.

Good luck!!! :cool: