PDA

View Full Version : Clutch

JasonGS-R
09-26-2002, 10:21 AM
What would be a nice streetable clutch, not one that will be annoying for everyday driving, for a 99-01 integra gs-r with these performance mods : vortech sc, greddy sp exhaust (unless i am convinced of a diff system), dc sports headers, aem cai.

Thanks again.

2ndGenTeg
09-26-2002, 10:54 AM
I've got a Hyperclutch full face, which is extremely streetable- maybe too much so. It doesn't have enough snap for me. It's grippy, don't get me wrong, but I kinda wish I had gone for the six puck. That being said, it's a great clutch, and I'd recommend Hyperclutch to anyone.

JasonGS-R
09-26-2002, 12:37 PM
Thanks for you help in both posts 2nd gen teg and everyone else. I think i'll go with the hyperclutch from what iv herd and with either thermal Rd or greddy sp exhaust, thanks.

i'll probably have more questions later.

And any ideawhere i can find info on this hyperclutch?

JasonGS-R
09-26-2002, 01:01 PM
Also are you sure it will hold up with the vortech supercharged GS-R? How much power are you pushing?

94_AcCoRd_EX
09-26-2002, 02:19 PM
I have an ACT clutch. Only the orgainic disc and HD pressure plate, and it grips ok. You'd want to go with a more aggressive clutch for a FI setup. ACT makes great clutches though.

2ndGenTeg
09-26-2002, 03:58 PM
You can find Hyperclutch at inlinefour.

If you need something more heavy duty, definitely look into the six puck, possibly the four.

And (IMO) don't get the Vortech supercharger.

JasonGS-R
09-28-2002, 11:57 AM
Why not the vortech SC? They are pretty reliable, nice gain to 243 hp. The greddy turbo + intercooler will cost a lot more and have around the same power gain. But yeah I know the turbo has a lot more potential but i'm really not looking for that much power, 260-270hp or so when all said and done i'd be happy.

But is there something wrong with the vOrtech sc?

Thanks

dudeman47
09-30-2002, 02:56 AM
I got a Clutchmaster's Stage 2 in my teg and it's sticky, but I drive in traffic all the time and really don't have a problem with it at all. Mine's all motor so I am not really sure about the power, but I know I take out tegs all the time.