PDA

View Full Version : Now that I gots ma car...

juvenile
09-23-2002, 10:26 PM
As you must see I'm spamming all the forums for help lol.
What can I add that will cost me little money but will improve my performance by a bit.
Like will and K&N air filter, better spark plugs for example give me better performance? I don't mean 10-20 hp or anything like that, but even just a bit.
Because I don't know what kind of care the previous owner took care of it, so I'm thinking that if I put new and better stuff it'll give me a bit better performance.
Oh and cold air, which isn't that expensive, but is it any good just for a bit of boost?
I mean something that'll like cost me 200 bucks can total.
I have NOTHING left right now so this will even wait a bit!

94_AcCoRd_EX
09-23-2002, 11:15 PM
Since you just got it, change the plugs, filter, etc. Do general tuneup things that will get it running well. Yeah, a cold air intake is really the only kind I'd invest in personally.

delsolvtec
09-23-2002, 11:32 PM
Grab yourself a cold air intake first thing, then upgrade your exhaust if you have the cash. Even going with a cheap 30$ dynomax muffler and some 2.5" piping. A muffler shop will charge you around 100-150$ to custom bend the piping and weld the muffler on. Don't worry about upgrading the ignition system and stuff until you get some other bolt ons that require more fuel or spark first.

There is also the free tweak of advancing or retarding your timing for better top or bottom end performance. Make sure you have a timing light handy in case you need to set things back to the way they were.

juvenile
09-24-2002, 06:51 AM
Cool
yeah I was thinking about exhaust in the future too! :yes:

94_AcCoRd_EX
09-24-2002, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by juvenile
Cool
yeah I was thinking about exhaust in the future too! :yes:

Go for it!

What kind of times will your car pull stock?