PDA

View Full Version : Track Tuning Imports

78 monte
09-21-2002, 05:14 AM
I'm wondering can you track tune the new cars???I know with the old carbed non-computer cars you build your motor cam,heads,intake,carb,etc...Then change jets,secondary springs,ignition timing and curve,plug gap and indexing, etc...etc...in the effort to lower ET and raise MPH.Now on the new cars with computers,fuel injection and distributerless ignition can you realy tune them???Do you just build the motor and let the computer control it??I figure you can proably still index the plugs and vary the gaps and when building advance or retard the cam but is that it???And even those,won't they effect the computer???At the track are there tuning variances or is it just run what ya brung???

78 monte
09-21-2002, 05:23 AM
The reason I bring this up is at the Track half the fun for me is tuning.Analyizing my car and changing somthing(jets,timing etc..)to improve its performance.Expieramenting for 7-8weeks till the car has peaked its performance.

AzCivic
09-21-2002, 06:08 AM
Well to tune newer computer controlled cars you just do alot of it through the computer. Check out www.Hondata.com to see what you can tune on newer cars using the computer. Of course there's things you can do with out the computer, like adjusting Fuel pressure, indexing the plugs, adjust ignition timing, adjust cam timing, etc.