PDA

View Full Version : hail damage???

snowfire79
09-18-2002, 01:38 AM
i'm not quite sure if this is the best place to post this, but i couldnt find a better place. i have some hail damage that was on my car when i purchased it. all of the dents are small, but there are more than just one or two. how would i go about getting rid of these?? i know i could go the body shop route, but that would be fairly expensive i imagine. any ideas or tips are appreciated. thanks!!!

ebpda9
09-18-2002, 07:13 AM
it depends how deep they are and where they are. i would try pulling the metal out, if it is too deep and bodo the thing, then sand it and paint the car. we have a place in cleveland called paintless dent removal and i saw some of their jobs: looks good, and it was cheaper than taking it to a body shop and have them pull stuff out and bodo it

williecume
09-18-2002, 11:52 AM
if possible get a spot light or do it on a sunny day. get some dry ice and put your car in the sun then put the dry ice on the dent it should pop up and be back to normal or really close to it. i cant remember if it was a permanant fix or if it lasted a while, we sold the car we were messing around with.

wortha shot at least.

ebpda9
09-18-2002, 11:59 AM
wow. that is worth a shot. i guess paintless dent removal uses the same thing.