PDA

View Full Version : Now what ?

ebpda9
09-13-2002, 10:07 AM
well my D4 in the cluster was flashing, so i pulled out the codes for the tranny. i got 1,2 and 8 which are the lock-up solenoids (codes 1 and 2), and the shift solenoid (code 8). Well i looked in the mitchel repair manuals and tested the solenoids. They passed all the tests, the resistance test and the current test. Why did i get the codes in the first place ? Should i jusr reset the ATCU and leave it like that ? The car is running in safe mode right now

ebpda9
09-13-2002, 12:01 PM
well i'm thinking about running out and buy some electical connector cleaner, and then i'll reset the ecu and check the other things described in the mitchell manual.

94_AcCoRd_EX
09-13-2002, 12:17 PM
I honestly don't know much about the auto trannys, but I think you're on the right track. Clean solenoids, etc. before you spend big bucks taking it to a dealer.

ebpda9
09-17-2002, 10:16 AM
i just reset the ECU, cleaned the contacts, put everything back toghether, the car shifts nicely, thou it hesitates a bit, but the codes are not cleared at all. ouch. any other ideas ? i'm thinking about some wireing issues or something

ebpda9
09-20-2002, 12:29 AM
i finally fixed it. it runs so smooth i fell in love with it again. what i did was to rev the engine in every gear till 5000 rpm, and as soon as i shut it off i removed the plug. needless to say how muvh shavings i got off of it.

OT: anyone knows the specs for adjusting valves and timing ? that's the only thing i have left before the car is a champ again

94_AcCoRd_EX
09-20-2002, 12:50 AM
Congrats on getting everything fixed! I know how nice it is to fix a problem, but I don't usually have the skills to fix stuff myself :no: You seem to know your stuff though :bow:

ebpda9
09-20-2002, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX
Congrats on getting everything fixed! I know how nice it is to fix a problem, but I don't usually have the skills to fix stuff myself :no: You seem to know your stuff though :bow:

thanks. i love getting dirty and down under :D on tuesday i'm gonna do the valve job, the fuel filter and the camber kit.

94_AcCoRd_EX
09-20-2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by hondaman-iac

thanks. i love getting dirty and down under :D on tuesday i'm gonna do the valve job, the fuel filter and the camber kit.

If you ever want to drive to Portegon to help me with some stuff, let me know ;)

ebpda9
09-20-2002, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX

If you ever want to drive to Portegon to help me with some stuff, let me know ;)

sure, i just don't know when lol