PDA

View Full Version : I think my distributor is messed!

Grip72
09-05-2002, 08:22 AM
I just put in my Vibrant Cold Air Intake and it made quite a difference in power. I could sure feel it. ANyways, after installing my CAI i ripped around town with a friend for about 10 minutes. We parked my car and i heard this really weird whirrrrring sound under the hood. So i opened it and it was coming from the distributor, we took of the cap of the distributor and it 'appeared' fine. I put my hand on it and it was pretty hot and i could feel something rough touching my hand from inside. Anywho, i dropped my car off at this friends of mines shop and left a note for him to check it out. Does anyone have any idea what it could be/how much i'm f**ked, etc? And a side note: after putting in the CAI the gas pedal felt much stiffer to push when there was about an 1" or so from it hitting the floor. (i don't think this means anything, but i put it anyways)

ebpda9
09-06-2002, 07:34 AM
i have no idea about the distributor. it might be a bearing that is going, that's why the whirring noise, plus the 4th gen accords are known for this problem. it's gonna cost you about 200 USD to have it fixed. as for the pedal you needed to move the linker cable around to get the intake in didn't you ? anyway let us know how it turns out.

Grip72
09-06-2002, 02:01 PM
Well, turns out the whole damn distributor is hooped. The guy let me turn the crank for it and it was stiff and grimy, not smooth like its supposed to be. As for the gas pedal stiffness, i didn't move anything to put the CAI in, but i'll have a look once i get my car back. it will cost about $500CDN for everything. Oh ya, and i forgot my xbox power cable in my car, whichd is used to turn on my xbox when i had it in my car, and i forgot a rented dvd in my xbox that was already 2 days late. So i grabbed the power cable and n ow i have the dvd out of the xbox. BUT i forgot to grab the dvd movie case. argh..so frustarating.....

ebpda9
09-06-2002, 02:05 PM
LOL. yep, sometimes it's easier to replace the whole thing than to fix the dist. those bearings are a pain in the royal rear. mine is failing too. did it move in steps ?

Grip72
09-06-2002, 02:20 PM
Uh not really in steps..just sort of felt like making me have a bad week, it gets like that sometimes. Good thing im' making good money!