PDA

View Full Version : Clicking noise!!!!!

cstrom80
08-29-2002, 08:31 PM
Whenever I'm in gear and applying pressure to the gass I hear a clicking noise. There is a slight clicking noise when I let go of the gas and it is still in gear. It's pretty loud. Help gurus.

ebpda9
08-29-2002, 09:06 PM
hmmm is it like a metalic noise ? it could be a lot of things, but i gotta hear it to actually know what the cause might be.

cstrom80
08-30-2002, 09:13 AM
Can't really tell if it's a clicking noise. Not sure. I'm going to try and work on it today if possible.

spoogenet
08-30-2002, 10:30 PM
From what you said it sounds like you have a manual...is that so?

Any additional info you can provide us that you feel may be relevant could be of use. Help us help you....

On the other side, though, hopefully you'll figure it out in the work you plan to do. :)

b

cstrom80
08-30-2002, 10:47 PM
Sounds like the engine's knocking. There's enough oil in the motor though. When I start the car, the knocking fades in and then fades out. It is a manual. My friends say that it could be the crank shaft or a rod. And if so it sounds like I might as well get another motor. Anyone know of a good place to grab a used replacement motor? Good thing I havent done a lot of work on my engine. I was saving up for a swap but don't have the money yet. I just need any motor to throw in my car so I have transportation to school. I'm broke because of insurance, property taxes, and school and books. Was thinking of doing the swap myself with the assistance of a guy that's done swaps before. Is it hard??? Does anyone know a site that would help me walk through? Thanks a lot.

PsiRage
09-09-2002, 09:53 PM
Hmmmm a clicking noise....

Could be a couple of things you may want to check out...

:Your valves need adjusting.
:The engine is low on oil.
:The engine's oil pressure is low.
:There is a lot of sludge in your engine which is stopping oil from circulating properly.
:The engine's valve lifters are collapsed.
:One or more of the engine's valves are stuck.

ebpda9
09-09-2002, 10:09 PM
so what if it knocks ? if u plan the swap, let it knock until it won't turn over. mine's been knocking for 2 years now and all the valve adjustamnents in the world won't take care of it. do u feel a bad shake at idle ?