PDA

View Full Version : Ok tell me what you guyz think

F22B2
08-13-2002, 01:12 AM
I have a 97 Honda Accord LX.
-The only mod i have right now is an Injen Short Ram Intake with K&N filter. ($170)
-My next upgrade will be DC Sport Ceremic Coated Header. ($350)
-Then i will get the Nology Spark Plug Wires. ($150)
-Then come the AEM TruPower Pulley Kit. ($150)
-Next is the AEM Adjustable Cam Gear. ($150)
-I will then add a Modified Distributor Cap Kit. ($80)
-After that I will get Tenzo R Type 2 Rear Section Exhaust. ($250)
-And i will finish up with a Venom 400 Control Module. ($300)

So guyz..am i doing the right thing? Anything I should fix?

2ndGenTeg
08-13-2002, 02:27 AM
The plug wires will do you next to zero good.

The cam gear will only do anything if you have an aftermarket cam, especially in a SOHC engine.

External cap only helps with an aftermarket ignition.

A rear section or axle back exhaust will only make you sound loud- get the whole enchilada.

With the mods your looking at, the Venom unit (or any ECU piggyback or reprogramming) would be useless.

For the $1500 you're looking at spending, you're either at:
A. Halfway to a turbo
B. Cam and cam gear, which will give you much more performance

ebpda9
08-13-2002, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by 2ndGenTeg

For the $1500 you're looking at spending, you're either at:
A. Halfway to a turbo
B. Cam and cam gear, which will give you much more performance

C: &7-800 short of a h22 swap. and if you decide to swap only the venom module might fit

ChrisCantSkate
08-13-2002, 09:45 AM
the intake would too. but bang for buck.. h22 it. expecialy if your looking to spend 1500.

XdiscontensionX
08-13-2002, 11:43 AM
how much should i be looking to spend on a 99+ h22 swap for an accord? a local pro shop told me i shouldn't even dream of doing it for less than $4K. is this b.s. or what?

that's just for the engine, wiring, etc. - they said install would be a few thousand more.

F22B2
08-13-2002, 11:48 AM
oook..well then..i have 3 choices:

1. Get Turbo or supercharger..if i go with this choice..what do i need to buy and where could i buy it from..and how much does it cost for everything?

2. H22 Swap..if i go with this choice..where could i get the h22 engine..who is going to install it...and how much does it cost for everything?

AzCivic
08-13-2002, 07:04 PM
Have you thought of doing the swap yourself and save majpr $$$$. There are plenty of places on the web you can get an engine swap: Sohfast.com, hondamotorsonline.com, and importautosalvage.com are some of the better ones or you could go to a local junk yard and try to find one.

ChrisCantSkate
08-13-2002, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by XdiscontensionX
how much should i be looking to spend on a 99+ h22 swap for an accord? a local pro shop told me i shouldn't even dream of doing it for less than $4K. is this b.s. or what?

that's just for the engine, wiring, etc. - they said install would be a few thousand more.
JDM h22's go for 2300 plus shipping for a complete swap. labor isnt had if your mechanicaly inclined and have a engine lift.

ebpda9
08-23-2002, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by 4thGenlude
the intake would too.

don't the preludes have a 2.75"/3" diameter intake ?" i know accords are 2.5 "

lookie here -> http://aempower.com/application/induction_application.htm

94_AcCoRd_EX
08-23-2002, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by XdiscontensionX

Umm... a few thousand for install? Better shop around :pukey

AzCivic
08-24-2002, 12:15 PM
Man if i had an Accord I'd put a prelude type-s engine in. It costs a grip though like 4k$ just for the parts and thats likes a mid 90's engine year.

ChrisCantSkate
08-25-2002, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by AzCivic
Man if i had an Accord I'd put a prelude type-s engine in. It costs a grip though like 4k$ just for the parts and thats likes a mid 90's engine year.
honestly the type-s engine is a waist. its 220hp with the type-s header(same as aftermarket), intake(little worse than a AEM cai) and exaust(tiny better than stock). if you put intake headers exaust and crower cams (stage 2) on a h22a JDM engine, total cost in parts and labor~3300 you save 1000 over the type-s engine and you WILL be faster. the only differences between the type-s h22a and the normal h22a is the intake manifold(tb included), the intake/headers/exuast slightly more agressive cams and 11.0:1 compression, over the h22a(jdm) 10.6:1 compression. if you plan on modding the engine at all, dont get a type-s, your just waisting your money.

Addict
08-26-2002, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by F22B2
I have a 97 Honda Accord LX.
-The only mod i have right now is an Injen Short Ram Intake with K&N filter. ($170)
-My next upgrade will be DC Sport Ceremic Coated Header. ($350)
-Then i will get the Nology Spark Plug Wires. ($150)
-Then come the AEM TruPower Pulley Kit. ($150)
-Next is the AEM Adjustable Cam Gear. ($150)
-I will then add a Modified Distributor Cap Kit. ($80)
-After that I will get Tenzo R Type 2 Rear Section Exhaust. ($250)
-And i will finish up with a Venom 400 Control Module. ($300)

So guyz..am i doing the right thing? Anything I should fix?
1. Get a CAI (bypass valve is a good idea)
2. Headers = minimal gains
3. Pulleys are a waste if your car is a daily driver
4. Adjustable cam gear can wait (til you get more mods)
4. You need an aftermarket ignition to use the cap (MSD)
5. Full cat-back is recommended for the extra .5-1hp gain ;)
6. Good choice for automatics

Honestly if you can hold off & can afford it, get an H22 swap. You'll thank yourself later.
Or turbo it. ;)