PDA

View Full Version : What do I need to run 11sec ETs??

Thumper
08-09-2002, 03:05 AM
What do I need to run mid 11s??How much will it cost???Where can I get these parts???Its a 5speed / a V-tec

ChrisCantSkate
08-09-2002, 09:24 AM
well, to run a 11 second all motor honda, you need a light car and probably either a h22 b20vtec or a ls/vtec high compression, a good set of cams, you are gonna need to build the motor right, gut the car as much as possible, takes alot of time and effort, but the look on a muscle cars face when they lose to an 11 second honda... priceless (saw it Wednesday at the track BTW) if you're looking for the parts, you are gonna wana check www.crower.com. i'd call them up, tell them what you're trying to achive and see if they will help you. if you're not trying to stay all motor, you can turbo it, supercharge it, or even spray and get into the 11's a bit easier, but you're looking to spend some money. You're gonna want a tuned suspension very good for drag launches, some nice wide slicks, you're gonna need to upgrade your axles, www.driveshaftshop.com has good axles for what you'll need. a LSD helps in traction, basicaly you need to build the whole motor. also ive seen cranecams.com have some nice race spec cams out now, and rocker rollers, and heavy duty race valve springs. if you need any more help don't hesitate to ask... we're helpful here. oh BTW what car do you have? that plays a big role as to what setup you need. i think i remember a crx with a h22 getting into the 9's and there's the AEM h22 hatch in the 7's

ChrisCantSkate
08-09-2002, 09:33 AM
another thing, your gonna have a REAL hard time to get a daily driven 11 second honda, so plan on having 2 cars if your going al motor, you can build your engine for a turbo, and just keep the boost down on the streets. but PLEASE dont put a wing, vinal, altezzas or any of that stuff on your car, it makes the domestic people think we dont know performace and are trying to look fast and dont know crap about engines..... keep your car clean.

ChrisCantSkate
08-09-2002, 09:38 AM
sadly the engine alone dosnt go that fast, you godda build it

ShEaNy
08-09-2002, 01:22 PM
a H22 can FIT in a CRX?....wow that must be TIGHT....

ChrisCantSkate
08-09-2002, 03:40 PM
fit... yes... but not very easy, theres a firewall clearence issue

2ndGenTeg
08-10-2002, 04:34 AM
11sec?

I'd put an H22 into a 92-95 Civic hatch chassis, gut it, Jun cams, rods, pistons, and a titanium valvetrain. A little bit of tuning know-how, and that'd run 11s, easy.

It's not as difficult as you might think.

Addict
08-12-2002, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by Thumper
What do I need to run mid 11s??How much will it cost???Where can I get these parts???Its a 5speed / a V-tec
Riiight. If you actually cared I'm sure you'd at least list the kind of car you have. You don't even list it in your profile.

But if you're serious, listen to one of the "Gen"s. They know their stuff.

ebpda9
08-12-2002, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by Civic_Addict

Riiight. If you actually cared I'm sure you'd at least list the kind of car you have. You don't even list it in your profile.

if you want more details look into the admins forum and see wassup

ChrisCantSkate
08-13-2002, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Civic_Addict

haha

King Shard
08-17-2002, 11:05 PM
ummmm.....what kind of a engine is a H22???:confused:

Addict
08-18-2002, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by King Shard
ummmm.....what kind of a engine is a H22???:confused:
Prelude engine...

dudeman47
09-17-2002, 01:13 AM
You could go with a high compression B20, that's what I pretty much have already. The compression is going to have to be about 12:1 or so with a good head porting and cams to match. I haven't touched the head or the cams yet and already got into mid 13s on small slicks. Be prepared to spend though because all motor is the more costly way to go the fastest.