PDA

View Full Version : cig lighter half on/half off

accorrdd
08-02-2002, 09:28 PM
HELP!!! ((1991 Honda Accord)) I recenty noticed a problem with my cigarette lighter. my friend bought me interior lights from HongKong that take power through the cigarette lighter. However, when i plugged it in, the lights didnt go on. I checked to make sure the lights worked by plugging them into my friends bmw m3. Sure enough, they turned on when the plugged was placed in. To determine if my cigarette lighter was completely broken or not, I plugged in my ericsson phone charger to double check. To my surprise, the charger started charging my phone. However, if i rotated the plug, it would stop charging. Consequently, if i kept rotating the plug, it would charge in some areas, where as in other areas it wouldn't work at all.

**Does anybody have ANY clue?? HELP!!!**

ebpda9
08-03-2002, 12:17 AM
did anybody use the lighter ? when using the lighter to light up cigarettes there is the ashes that remain in there. have that thing cleaned up.

accorrdd
08-03-2002, 01:45 AM
thanks...i'll try that...get back to you on it tomorrow!!!:bow:

Grip72
08-03-2002, 11:21 AM
I have some of those lights too, if i were you i would cut off the lighter adapter from your neon lights and wire them to constant power with a switch. That way you will have a cleaner look without a stupid wire from the middle of your dash area.

insomniac_91
08-03-2002, 03:22 PM
Accorrdd I have the same problem and the piece around that area actually cracked. It really pissed me off. I feel it's something to do with the connection. Because when I have my phone charger plugged in it will go off and on.

insomniac_91
08-03-2002, 03:56 PM
Anyone know where I can get some instructions on how to? about the wiring to a constant power and switch. Or does anyone know how.

accorrdd
08-04-2002, 08:23 PM
yeah..could ne body tell me how to wire the lights onto my main power? Thanks for the help guys!!!