PDA

View Full Version : Sound when turning left

ShEaNy
08-01-2002, 12:30 AM
ok i had a post like this months ago but the sound went away..NOw its back and worse then ever..EVERY time i turn left it sounds like something is hitting the metal joints and making a weird rubbing noise or whatever the hell is in there...my freind said it might be a TIe bar or something..i was pretty tired listening to him at 12 explaining it to me... but its bad....need help lol..i still gota buy a new god damn trunk for my car too..ARGHHH .....

ebpda9
08-01-2002, 12:59 AM
i could tell you more if i would hear it. i'm pretty sure it's the cv joint doing it. the tierod does not make noise when turning. it makes it when going over the bumps

ShEaNy
08-01-2002, 02:29 PM
hmmm oh well .. appoinment tomorrow at 11 to figure out the problem at the local performance shop heh .. free inspection ya!

blind34_1
08-02-2002, 04:24 PM
Just check and see what kind of shape your cv boots are in. If they are still sealed, then you should be okay with the joints (operative word: should). If you have a tear in the boot that you haven't noticed for a while then your cv's were going through hell.

I think it'll run you about 60$ a half shaft. Autozone sold me one with the boots and everything already installed. plug and play....kind of...

ShEaNy
08-03-2002, 01:51 PM
ok found the problem driver side inside tie rod....passanger outside tierod......and sway bar linkages..... my buddy was right...wow:bow: :yes: :eek:

ebpda9
08-03-2002, 03:34 PM
i still don't get it. they shouldn't make noises when turning the wheel. they will make noise when going over bumps. anyway glad you fixed it

ShEaNy
08-04-2002, 09:47 AM
ya i know it is weird....i thought it was the joints too....and it actually does make a noise going over bumps..but that started after i posted the first thread.....460 canadian for everything to be fixed....labour, parts, included in that price..is that good?

ebpda9
08-04-2002, 10:56 AM
the price sounds right. the linkages are ~80, and the tierods ~60. i think the labor is a bit too much, but if the alignament is included that's fine