PDA

View Full Version : Engine and tranny flush

ebpda9
07-29-2002, 12:36 PM
i was thinking about doing an engine and a transmission flush later on today or tommorow and i was woindering if it is safe to do it since i have a bit over 133000 clicks on the odometer. i know the engine has a bit of blow by, and there are some nice carbon deposits on it. I've heard that they might lock if i do the flush with that many miles on them.

is it worth to add some z-max treatment to them after i add the oil and what kind of protection will i get ?

AzCivic
07-29-2002, 06:18 PM
How are you going to flush the engine and tranny? Anyway by doing so it shouldn't have any impact on the inside of your engine. Other than cleaning out some old oil. As far a adding stuff to your oil, I wouldn't recommend it they're generally considered "snake oils" and don't really do anything especially if you already using a good oil to begin with like Mobil 1, Redline, etc.

Addict
07-30-2002, 07:41 AM
Are you talking about just flushing the coolant & trany fluid? Or about misting water in the intake?
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
is it worth to add some z-max treatment to them after i add the oil and what kind of protection will i get ?
I've used it a couple times. I would rate it as "OK". From what some have said its colored mineral oil. And mineral oil supposedly allows corrosion of bearings. I can't verify either of those statements, but the cost of it isn't worth it.