PDA

View Full Version : Finally LS/VTEC!!!!

Integra221
07-09-2002, 12:52 AM
After dealing with this as#hole in texas for 3 months my head has finally arived. I basically won an ebay auction for a ported and polished built gsr head and never got it. So instead I got a b16 head for 1195 dollars. Yeah it really sucks, but I have to see what happens in court to get the rest of my money back.

I need some parts first in order to put the head on. Here is a list of the parts I need if anyone knows where I can get them.

-LS/VTEC oil line feed. Found for 120.00
-94-2000 GSR oil pump and water pump 45.00 and 65.00
-b16 ECU with rev limit and enhanced full maps with redline at 7600
-Distributer not just the cap- I have no idea where to find this or how much!!

I think this is it if anyone can think of anything im missing just let me know.
So all this will run me about 2000 dollars. So for all of you boost lover that say "screw ls/vtec just boost" heres what I say.

Turbo for 3000 dollars and run about a 14.9 or so or ls/vtec and run about a 15.0. At least I wont blow my motor with ls/vtec.

blownteggy
07-09-2002, 01:29 AM
you paid 1200 for a b16 head? jesus christ man. that thing better be fully armed for battle if you know what i mean.here's the shopping list:
braided hoses(3 ft.)
ls head gasket
b16 water pump
b16 timing belt
vtech head bolts
You may choose to use a non-VTEC water pump, however you must then use a B18A non-VTEC timing belt. You can also use to use a VTEC oil pump since it has higher flow as compared to the non-VTEC units.
i'm to lazy to write more. there's an article in here somewhere. my opinion, with 3g's i boost it with some good tuning. lsvtec=30 40 more hp. about 185 hp to the wheels. or turbo=make about 75-100 more hp. the choice is yours

Integra221
07-09-2002, 08:04 AM
That is worded kinda of funny now that I look at it again. I paid 1195 dollars for what I was told was a completed built gsr head. After three months of dealing with this guy this is the best I could do. I am taking him to court for the rest of my money back since the b16 head is only worth about 600 dollars. Ebay didnt do shit to help me with this. SCREW EBAY!!!

blownteggy
07-09-2002, 11:32 AM
ok i see. sorry. i don't ever buy stuff on ebay. if i'm selling or buying car stuff, i always make sure that they're local. btw, how did you pay him? if you paid him through paypal, you can dispute it with them.

Integra221
07-10-2002, 09:32 AM
I paid through western union and they would'nt do shit with out a court sepina or some shit i dont know. Ebay did'nt do anything about it accept not let him sell things anymore. But they let him make a new name a week later so.

blownteggy
07-10-2002, 11:49 AM
i hate all those friggin internet scammers. they give other people who sell stuff online a bad name. i was going to buy some type r lower control arms off this guy, but my buddy recognized the sellers screename and told me not to buy from that guy cuz he's screwed some people over before

TruHeel142
07-10-2002, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by blownteggy
you paid 1200 for a b16 head? jesus christ man. that thing better be fully armed for battle if you know what i mean

:D

That sucks dude!!! I know how it feels, its good to save a little bit of money, but I think u now know that its just better to pay more and get it from someone you trust. Good luck and I hope you get every cent back!

And turbo vs Ls/vtec....lets not even start. I'll just say I'm not a big fan of ls/vtec.

:bow: turbo

blownteggy
07-10-2002, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by TruHeel142

And turbo vs Ls/vtec....lets not even start. I'll just say I'm not a big fan of ls/vtec.

:bow: turbo
lol i was gonna pm you this thread about ls/vtec. i don't really recommend it, but i have done 4 ls/vtec installs. turbo gets my vote.

onlyNls
07-11-2002, 05:07 AM
I dont wanna sound like im lecturing, but this is what I know about the LS/vtec conversion.

I have few friends with the LS/vtec conversion and Ummm I was going to do an LS/Vtec conversion, but after a lot of research, and insight I changed my mind and went Turbo. First thing. The General rule of thumb is basically the higher u REV your car the more stress it causes on the motor. No matter what you think. LS/vtec is not too reliable, the R/S ratio is terrible, so becareful. And since u can only Rev to what 7.5rpms, what good is that? I mean vtec kicks in at like 4200-5500? Also LS/vtec Heats up really fast. You may need to upgrade your radiator as well. Just think if it were safe/cheap wouldn't honda/acura made it? I mean the LS/vtec has great potential. A fully built LS/vtec can push around 190+whp/147+lb/ft torque. What's the point of spendin so much money to only compete with like TypeS's, TypeR's and Preludes. I dunno these are just my 2 cents. oh yea, To have a safe, good running Ls/vtec conversion, your gonna come close to that of purchasing a turbo.

just my thoughts.

Integra221
07-16-2002, 10:26 AM
A fully built LS/vtec can push around 190+whp/147+lb/ft torque. What's the point of spendin so much money to only compete with like TypeS's, TypeR's and Preludes

Im pretty sure I put down 190 whp with 147 torque that I would walk all over Prelude Type S's and ITRs. All motor 190whp is a lot of horsepower I would run about a 13.5-13.8 if I could do that. I have nothing against turbos but I just love all motor. Its a lot more fun to shit on GST's and GSX's with out turbo. Im just shooting for low-mid 14's thats all I really want then im going for some looks.

blownteggy
07-16-2002, 03:46 PM
well i just got back from DSR (http://dynospotracing.com)
my cousin and i went to go get his lsvtec crx dynoed. all i have to is, DAMN!
:bow:
that car pulls some serious heat. 197 hp 160 ft/lb torue. yes, i take pride in my work. integra221 with a basic lsvtec swap you will not get achieve 190 more like 175-180 not enough to pull from a type sh or type s. and the comment about walking on gst or gsx's. i think not a mildly upgraded gsx with cone filter exhaust, straight pipe, down pipe & up pipe upgrades, boost controller will hit mid 12's

TruHeel142
07-16-2002, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by blownteggy
well i just got back from DSR (http://dynospotracing.com)
i cousin and i went to go get his lsvtec crx dynoed. all i have to is, DAMN!
:bow:
that car pulls some serious heat. 197 hp 160 ft/lb torue. yes, i take pride in my work. integra221 with a basic lsvtec swap you will not get achieve 190 more like 175-180 not enough to pull from a type sh or type s. and the comment about walking on gst or gsx's. i think not a mildly upgraded gsx with cone filter exhaust, straight pipe, down pipe & up pipe upgrades, boost controller will hit mid 12's

:yes:

My dos pesos: whatever floats ur boat...if you really wanna spend serious money to get a setup thats very problem-prone and will only equate into MAYBE 190 whp....go ahead. And yeah, stock turbo cars are verrrrrry easy to make go fast....me want one...

blown: if you wanna get kinda freaked out, read the newest sport compact car....the section with the project rx7 :eek: Are you doing any reliability mods to it??? I'd suggest some!!!

blownteggy
07-16-2002, 10:40 PM
already ahead of ya truheel...that's why i'm taking the 7 to NY. the car is gonna get redone. i'm competing with my friends 7 here in CA . he hit 11.8 last week at sears point raceway. i hit 13.8 with boost controller, air filter, and exhaust