PDA

View Full Version : Josh Please Read!!

Integra221
07-03-2002, 10:13 AM
First, about the Toda cams. They're Killer VTEC, not VTEC Killer.

I don't know what you thought you read, but there's no cam that eliminates VTEC. The cam would simply be one large lobe, and the other mechanics in the head would still be there and functioning, they just wouldn't make any difference.

The Killer VTEC cams from Toda are made for huge power. Intake lift is 12mm and the duration is a whopping 305 degrees. Made to tear up the dragstrip in an all motor setup. However, they SUCK for road racing and are far from streetable, both in smog and drivability. They would also never work for an FI application.

Josh,
This was a qoute from you out of a topic from last month about LS/VTEC and things of that nature.

But anyway the Toda Cams are definatly VTEC Killer cams. They are made for race only NA cars. They disable the VTEC in any VTEC motor. The give power from 5,000 rpm and on. Just thought you would like to know.

blownteggy
07-03-2002, 11:22 AM
good find integra221, i was gonna comment about the VTEC killer cams, but couldn't find the thread. i was to lazy

2ndGenTeg
07-03-2002, 03:24 PM
Old news. This was actually straightened out in that exact same thread.

I had a friend who was considering this setup for his GS-R for a drag application. With no VTEC, these cams would give ZERO low end power. He'd have lost the race before VTEC even engaged.

He's got a turbo now.

Edit: I'm not afaraid to admit when I'm wrong. These cams are actually made for road racing, since you almost always are in the high end of your rev range, but SUCK for drag racing. About the only thing I had right were the specs: 12mm lift, 305 degrees duration @ 1mm of lift.

Integra221
07-05-2002, 12:18 PM
Sorry I must have missed where it was cleared up. But on the Toda web site it says these cams are for full race only. I have'nt been on here for a while and I was just reading up on old post.