PDA

View Full Version : help me please

bigmill_11
06-28-2002, 09:07 PM
91 honda civic hb dx

ok here is the deal. i can not get my civic to start. every time i try to start it there is a buzzing sound by the hood release. and my fuel gauge will not register. it reads full but i know its not. I looked at the computer to see if it would tell me by looking at the led flashes, but it just stays on when i turn the key forward. i checked the ignitor and the ignitor coil and all seemed to be fine. everything seems to be plugged in but it just won't turn over. i even tired to hold down the gas pedal and crank it for like 2 min but still nothing. please help me if you can cause i ready to give up.

ebpda9
06-29-2002, 12:14 AM
when you turn the key in the ignition to the on position can you hear the pump spoolig for 2-3 seconds ?

1BadAzzGT
07-25-2002, 08:46 PM
Have you checked your starter? Do you even hear a "click" at all? If not, I'll almost bet that your starter is bad.

Also, some other things to check before replacing starter:

- Check the voltage on your battery. It might not be supplying enough voltage to kick it over yet strong enough for various small lights.

spoogenet
07-26-2002, 01:06 PM
The buzzing is probably the starter running. It could be failing, but it's probably a battery or fuel pump problem.

First thing I'd check is the battery. Have you tried jumping the car? Or take the battery to a car parts store and have them check the charge of it and load test it. The battery could have charge but may not be able to supply the current necessary.

I also second the motion to listen for the fuel pump.

b