PDA

View Full Version : Magnetic Oil Drain Plug?

Addict
06-27-2002, 10:23 AM
It seems like a good idea. I know Spoon makes one for about $35.:eek:

Has anyone used these? Since my engine will be pretty much brand new again, I figured this might help with and shavings that may come loose in the initial break in process.

Also if you find a cheaper link, let me know.....

AzCivic
06-27-2002, 05:10 PM
There's also a magnet thing you can put around your oil filter. I forget who makes it though. I don't have either but I'd say it can't hurt and you can enlighten us all as to whether they work or not.

ebpda9
06-27-2002, 09:54 PM
just put a magnetic band on the oilpan.

Addict
06-28-2002, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
just put a magnetic band on the oilpan.

Yeah but if I put it in the oil pan that'd mean I'd have to drop the pan to clean it out. That's no fun.....

Addict
06-28-2002, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by AzCivic
There's also a magnet thing you can put around your oil filter. I forget who makes it though. I don't have either but I'd say it can't hurt and you can enlighten us all as to whether they work or not.
Any idea on where to get the band?

ebpda9
06-28-2002, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by Civic_Addict

Any idea on where to get the band?

yeah: office depot. fridge cards and to hold it in place you can put o sock over your filter ;) .

i think summit has something like that. i'm just too lazy to look thru their magazines and see what the part number is.

ebpda9
06-28-2002, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Civic_Addict

Yeah but if I put it in the oil pan that'd mean I'd have to drop the pan to clean it out. That's no fun.....

what do u mean no fun ? it's fun to take half a day to drop the oil pan:paranoid:

AzCivic
06-28-2002, 11:51 AM
www.oilfiltermagnet.com

http://www.filtermag.com/

Here's two of a few companies who make the filter magnets.

2ndGenTeg
06-30-2002, 04:18 PM
If you use a good oil filter, you shouldn't have to worry about it.