PDA

View Full Version : Help Here!!!Moderators!!!or anyone!

maumusic
06-22-2002, 03:24 AM
Hi guys, here is the story,i had a Td04(Impreza Turbo)in my car, but now its broken,short story. When that happened, i left my car naturrally aspirated,but with my Low comp.pistons and stuff,my car was a little slow,so by this time isold my Apexi VAFC to a friend who was needing it that day,so i told to myself, its ok, i can buy it again with this money!So i replaced my old turbo with a AR60 Garrett stage 2(ball bearing hybrid turbo for Hondas)and its awesome,it pulls a little upper than the other,i mean i got just a little bit more of lag, but its perfect. But......remember i sold my VAFC, so my car is just running 5 psi, and it feels like shit,i dont like it, i know i need the VAFC back but thats not my question, my question is why exactly=??????
I have a better turbo, i have a Bosch fuel pump, that i didnt have.So why my car doesnt feels like it used to???Why do i need a Fuel management unit===???????:pukey :cool:

maumusic
06-22-2002, 03:26 AM
:bow: whats this chart for???

97CivicFerio
06-22-2002, 06:45 AM
Exactly, you do not have anything to increase the fuel pressure to those injectors. The VAFC did that for you before. Either buy another VAFC or a FMU. That Bosch fuel pump is not enough by itself. It will allow you to have more fuel pressure in the system, but it will not provide that pressure itself.

thermal
06-22-2002, 02:31 PM
hhhmmmm.....you may just have to re-tune your fuel setting and FMU even without the VAFC. VAFC is not boost dependent. all it does is fine tune your A/F ratio throughout the REV band.

Boosted3g
06-23-2002, 10:37 AM
I need an idea of what it is doing and when in the rev range.

maumusic
06-24-2002, 04:00 AM
I start the car, go into 1st and it pulls great for 5psi, you now,it pulls so fast taht i cant tell if its getting leaner or what, of course i think thats happening,shift to 2nd, and there i can see my Air/Fuel Ratio gauge in the lean line,so much, that it goes from stoich to lean and i see no more lights in the gauge, its like if itis so lean, that it cant detect anything!!!and there and in 3d,4th and 5th i know the car is better than N/A but not enough,i dont feel it ok, so my AFC is coming, i just want to know why this shit happens and if i should put my car in the garage and wait for my afc.:pukey

97CivicFerio
06-24-2002, 08:26 AM
With that POS autometer a/f it better be FULL RICH at WOT or you are leaner than ****. Even if the gauge reads full rich, on a wideband o2 it will probably still be lean for real. It needs serious help or the motor will blow!

Boosted3g
06-25-2002, 01:23 PM
So do you have a FMU or anything to enrich fuel under boost? I havent heard you mention it or see it in you list of mods. You are without a doubt running lean if you dont have one.

thermal
06-26-2002, 05:27 PM
it looks like he has a vortech fuel regulator, but he might have meant FMU......

Boosted3g
06-29-2002, 01:03 PM
Either way it definantly sounds like a fuel problem. Try adjsuting some more fuel in the car and see what happens.