PDA

View Full Version : acura integra

peckerwood180
06-17-2002, 07:28 PM
im just about to get my liscence and i wants some ideas for a 2001 integra. what should i look into befor i start spending some cash on stuff i dont need
anything at all thanks.

integraboy18
06-18-2002, 12:30 AM
I have a 95 GSR and the first thing I did was lower it. I got H&R race springs and they slammed the hell out of the car. It all depends on what you want. Do you want to be fast or look good? I went with going fast. There is alot of basic bolt-on parts you can get pretty cheap that actually help. I have been doing this for a few years so if you want any other advice or help just ask and I will let you in on all I know. Good luck with your car.rob
integraboy18@aol.com

C's 94 InTeGrA
06-22-2002, 06:28 PM
Do simple stuff like get clear corners and maybe change ur tail lights to alltezza's. Or prehaps go and put a nice system in it and wont cost ya a arm and a leg. Then go for some kool rims or if u want power then u can do ur intake, headers, and exhaust. or later on if u want more power do supercharger or trubo.

Integra221
07-05-2002, 12:26 PM
I would go with AEM CAI, DC Sports JDM 4-1 header, and what ever exhaust you want. Then if you really want power screw turbo send your head away and get it fully rebuilt. Thats low 14's easy.

onlyNls
07-11-2002, 06:52 AM
Umm i'd say lowering too, handling's very important. What's the point of making the car fast if you can't handle it. OEM suspension isn't that great (Unless your getting a Type R ). So i'd go with suspension first, also car looks good slammed.

Acura_Dude#1
08-05-2002, 07:53 PM
You could go with a bodykit and some rims for a unique change, and definately cold air intake, exhaust and headers. Something like these (http://www.autosportz.com/bodykits.htm)

Integra221
10-07-2002, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by onlyNls
Umm i'd say lowering too, handling's very important. What's the point of making the car fast if you can't handle it. OEM suspension isn't that great (Unless your getting a Type R ). So i'd go with suspension first, also car looks good slammed.

Ok you definatly can't go fast if the car is slammed. You can bounce a lot and look like a retard. Or you can drop your car about 1- 1 3/4 inch and just get the handling out of it. If the car is slammed like most dumb kids do then you get no traction off the line and your car will be slow. Slamming a car is your first big mistake.

FasterThanLight
10-23-2002, 11:16 AM
Then if you really want power screw turbo send your head away and get it fully rebuilt.[/QUOTE]

Hmm... I'm not sure that screwing the turbo will get you any power... ;)

Seriously, rebuilding the head won't get you anywhere near as much power* as either a turbo- or supercharger. Save your pennies... if you want to go fast, reliably, and not kill your motor in the process, USE BOOST!

*Even with with a full polish and port, or an extrude hone, the head still won't make more power than a turbo'ed motor, unless it has several other power adders, at which point the money you spend starts to even out between going the naturally aspirated route and the boosted one... of course, there's nothing wrong with 'charging the car and also porting the head... :yes:

2ndGenTeg
10-23-2002, 01:06 PM
Head work with no other engine work will diminish performance, not increase it. If your motor isn't processing as much as air as the headwork is designed for, it'll be detrimental. Never do head work without having the rest of the engine done first. Get boost/cams/etc before having any head work done.

That being said, don't waste time and money on little things. If you want to be fast, do that first, and do it right. Do your turbo or engine build before anything else. Otherwise, you'll end up with a half finished project. If you want to drop it, do it all at once- springs, struts, camber, and rims. The biggest piece of advice I can give is to do one thing and do it right, not halves of 4 different jobs. Don't buy an intake, altezza tails, and springs, and a shift knob. Look at each aspect of your car as a step in itself, and do it a step at a time.

ShEaNy
10-23-2002, 01:39 PM
what he said ^^:bow: thats so true...i worked on intake/exhaust first to get a few more ponies...then i went to lighting...(clear corners, altezza's) now im just sitting back and saving up for my suspension..

onlyNls
11-14-2002, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by 2ndGenTeg
Head work with no other engine work will diminish performance, not increase it. If your motor isn't processing as much as air as the headwork is designed for, it'll be detrimental. Never do head work without having the rest of the engine done first. Get boost/cams/etc before having any head work done.

That being said, don't waste time and money on little things. If you want to be fast, do that first, and do it right. Do your turbo or engine build before anything else. Otherwise, you'll end up with a half finished project. If you want to drop it, do it all at once- springs, struts, camber, and rims. The biggest piece of advice I can give is to do one thing and do it right, not halves of 4 different jobs. Don't buy an intake, altezza tails, and springs, and a shift knob. Look at each aspect of your car as a step in itself, and do it a step at a time.

Thats exactly what I was going to get at. Doing things right the first time...

Novtec1
11-20-2002, 02:30 PM
damn all the altezza stuff first thing you do is figure out what route you're gonna take n/a or boost...then take it from there. then do just SLAM your car to the ground...take time and read about suspension setup and find out which one is best for your car. do it right the first time then you won't have to worry about it later. :yes:

slowEJ6
11-21-2002, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by Integra221
Ok you definatly can't go fast if the car is slammed.
yes you can.
You can bounce a lot and look like a retard. Or you can drop your car about 1- 1 3/4 inch and just get the handling out of it.
just because you are lower than 1.75" doesnt mean you bounce around a lot. that only happens if your suspension setup is trash.
Slamming a car is your first big mistake.
some people like the look, so it cant really be a mistake if you enjoy it.

ChrisCantSkate
11-21-2002, 06:28 AM
QUALITY! thats my biggest thing to stress. spend the extra money on a better part. dont get altezzas, your going to just be another statistic to laugh at. a gsr with a jrsc is a nice setup, as is a gsr with boost. handling.... i'd go with ground control coilovers and kyb adjustable shocks, good suspension for its money. if your into speed, dont worry about rims, unless you wana dish out money, your not getting light 17+ rims. what do you want out of the car? speed or looks? im a huge fan of a jdm type-r front end on a boosted integra with 16' slipstreams.