PDA

View Full Version : buzzing

treadtight
06-12-2002, 12:15 PM
i have a 94 teg and when the tach hits 3000-5000 rpm's i get this loud buzzing noise, anyone have this same problem.....anyone know what could be wrong and how i can fix it. any help would be great!! thanks.

blownteggy
06-12-2002, 03:38 PM
what speed range are you in? the buzzing can be from anything in the car, be more specific. where does the sound seem like it's coming from?

treadtight
06-12-2002, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by blownteggy
what speed range are you in? the buzzing can be from anything in the car, be more specific. where does the sound seem like it's coming from?

well it happens when i'm in any speed range, when my tach hits about 3000 rpms the buzzing noise goes on, change gears the tach goes below 3000 rpms but when it reaches that again the buzzing starts up again until i reach past the 4000-5000 rpm range.....it happens at any speed i'm doing. its most noticable when i accelerate...... i'm not sure where its coming from??? maybe the engine?? or exhaust? anyone else have this problem??

blownteggy
06-12-2002, 04:24 PM
do you have a vtec or non-vtec engine? could be vtec kicking in...just kidding. pop that hood open and check for anything that's loose. put that baby on jackstands and take a look down under, too. have your tranny checked too.

treadtight
06-12-2002, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by blownteggy
do you have a vtec or non-vtec engine? could be vtec kicking in...just kidding. pop that hood open and check for anything that's loose. put that baby on jackstands and take a look down under, too. have your tranny checked too.

non-vtec

2ndGenTeg
06-13-2002, 04:24 PM
It's in your exhaust. Check the screws around your cat.

C's 94 InTeGrA
06-22-2002, 06:11 PM
ya dude its the exhaust check the cataylic converter first cause my heat shield does that when i hit high rpms. thas why i am getting my test pipe. and i have a Q also i think my abs is screwed up and i have noticed i have a buzzin sound when i first start up my car or sometimes out of no where it deos it and then it will quit and my ABS light goes on wat could be the problem

treadtight
06-28-2002, 10:35 AM
thanks for all your help guys!!!