PDA

View Full Version : Distributor rotor?

Addict
06-09-2002, 09:53 PM
Well I took my cap off today and my rotor had alot of char on the edge. The points in the cap were blacks too. I would have to attribute this to arcing. So.....

Any suggestions on where to get a more durable rotor? I know Crane makes a cap kit ( http://www.cranecams.com/import/hondaign.htm ) that I believe comes with a new rotor. Anyone used this? I would have to imagine that its pretty decent since its Crane.

ChrisCantSkate
06-16-2002, 12:46 AM
it comes with a new rotor, and thanx for finding that, mine was SHOT i bought a pep boys one just so i had a temp fix cause mine looked like it was set on fire..... do u knwo prices on that kit but any chance? i didnt see it...

Addict
06-16-2002, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by 4thGenlude
it comes with a new rotor, and thanx for finding that, mine was SHOT i bought a pep boys one just so i had a temp fix cause mine looked like it was set on fire..... do u knwo prices on that kit but any chance? i didnt see it...
$65.95 from www.summitracing.com Part# CRN-730-0694

ChrisCantSkate
06-16-2002, 04:17 PM
damn, i spent 40 on my crap-boys one(cap and rotor and a soda and some candy i think lol). oh well, its all in the name of performance

Addict
06-16-2002, 06:05 PM
Make sure you get some silcone sealant. The hole in the Crane cap is a lil big so you'll want to seal it up to keep water out. All I used out of that kit was the rotor. I drilled my MSD cap and put a grommet in it.....;)

Boosted3g
06-18-2002, 08:43 PM
Be carful with the MSD cap. I cant thell you how many times i went to adjust timing and i got the shit shocked out of me. Yes the MSD 7 series has some kick to it, i know first hand.

ebpda9
06-18-2002, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Civic_Addict

$65.95 from www.summitracing.com Part# CRN-730-0694

from their description it looks like the kit will work only with modified ignitions. is it gonna be able to run with a stock one for now ?

Addict
06-19-2002, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by hondaman-iac

from their description it looks like the kit will work only with modified ignitions. is it gonna be able to run with a stock one for now ?

You should just wait then. I believe you can hook it up with a factory ignition. Call Summit. Those guys know their stuff.

ebpda9
06-25-2002, 03:13 PM
i spoke to them today and the guy told me that i will need an external coil to have it working. i told him i already have an external one stock, then he was like you need an aftermarket one. well i guess i gonna buy it and a crane fireball ignition since it comes with a free lx 92 coil. i was thinking about the $156 package

Addict
06-25-2002, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
i spoke to them today and the guy told me that i will need an external coil to have it working. i told him i already have an external one stock, then he was like you need an aftermarket one. well i guess i gonna buy it and a crane fireball ignition since it comes with a free lx 92 coil. i was thinking about the $156 package

Yeah its a good deal. Should be an upgrade from stock that's for sure.

ebpda9
06-25-2002, 10:44 PM
anyway i decided on a crane ignition hi6s because it will get rid of the igniter(hopefully) and mine is almost dead. it cuses problems at starting. tommorow i will get it when i go to exchange my spoiler.