PDA

View Full Version : fuel warning

rakugaki
05-29-2002, 01:00 AM
i never noticed it in a while..but my fuel light isn't working, not the one that tells you how much fuel you have, but the light that comes on when your're almost out of it. Even when the needle is below E (yeah im crazy) it still doesn't come on... i'm guessing it's cause I don't put gas when it tells me to and it just got smart and ignored me...

ebpda9
05-29-2002, 01:36 AM
dude i ran out of gas once, and the stupid light did not come on until i filled it up. lucky me it happened next to the gas pump :bow:

rakugaki
05-29-2002, 03:19 AM
i hate getting gas, especially when i spend money (hahah who doesn't!) but i don't feel like going gas hybrid...

rakugaki
05-29-2002, 03:23 AM
you think its a sensor problem or the fuel lights just messed up? i remembered it looked analog cause the light got brighter the more i drove near empty. maybe i blew it?

ebpda9
05-29-2002, 11:26 PM
i think it's analog. mine does the same thing too. i think the level sensor is a bit screwed up

spoogenet
05-30-2002, 12:02 PM
Just when is it supposed to come on???

I was pulling into the gas station the other day, I had at least 1/8 tank according to the fuel guage, and the darn low fuel light came on. I didn't think they came on until you were much closer to E than that......but maybe I'm wrong.

So again....when?

b

Mushroom
05-30-2002, 12:31 PM
I think it comes on when you hit "reserve". I think something like 1.2 US gallons (~1/10) for my car - it should say in your owner's manual.