PDA

View Full Version : Window tint suggestions...

FasterThanLight
05-24-2002, 05:24 PM
So I got my windows tinted yesterday. On the recommendation of the shop owner, I went with 5% VLT tint on the rear three windows of my car, and 50% on the front two side windows. After some consideration, I think the 5% is too dark. It makes it hard to see cars very well through the rear view mirror. Let me clarify that a little. I can't tell if cars behind me are cops, or not. :D That's kind of a problem when I'm going a hundred miles an hour, passing freeway traffic like it's standing still. When I get a certain amount past a big group of cars, I get a liiitle paranoid about who is behind me, and now I can't tell very well. :(
Must... slow... down...

I think 20% would have been better for visibility's sake, but damn does it look good on the outside. White cars with tint look gooooood... :)

Kyle
05-25-2002, 02:11 AM
get one of those radar thingies...;)

C's 94 InTeGrA
06-22-2002, 06:37 PM
ya exactly i got 35% all around mirror blue-silver tint and its great i can see good out of it at night and it looks pretty sharp on the car. i got that just to be safe cause ohios law is like 15years old or somethin and it could change quick.

FasterThanLight
06-28-2002, 10:15 AM
35% on the fronts in CA makes me nervous... but since the 50% that i have isn't too dark, it makes me want to get the windshield tinted too... haha!

97CivicFerio
07-05-2002, 04:49 PM
I think any darker than 20% on the back or side windows is too dark.

blownteggy
07-05-2002, 05:02 PM
hey faster where did you get the windows tinted. all the places i've gone won't do 50% on the windows.