PDA

View Full Version : ---read-------

parc_era_sadnoh
05-13-2002, 09:48 PM
what's so great about the civic? Only thing that REAllY catches my attention about them is the fact that like 90% of all performance parts and mods are for the civic, which is cool because you can take an economy car and turn it into machines capable of ripping the pavement off the streets. other than that, the civic is JUST an economy car. There a better cars than the civic, the only setback for those is that there's not that many parts for them. Im a fan of nissans, specifically the 240sx. It has great potential, specially with the SR20DET engine in it.
Im not trying to be a hater. in fact im being hated by honda owners. they have a civic with a spoiler bigger than a bunk-bed and a muffler big enough to stick your head in it, and they think they have a better car than mine. I drive a 1992 Nissan Stanza, and i have scared some civics. hope they shutup. Enjoy your civics and take advantage of the mods
please post a reply. dont post any hatred, or i'll "key" every civic i see. no, just kidding.

DJZVTEC02
05-13-2002, 11:06 PM
well the beautiful thing about hondas and civics there are so many ways you can go with them, if you got the dough you can do almost anything with a honda or anycare. Yes you can make a honda that will tear apart most big name sports cars. and you can also make them look so good when you see one your mouth will drop to the ground and be like what is that? but holy shit does it look good!! I know everyone has a honda and yes most of them are riced out in some form, but if do it right and treat it right in return it will treat you right and thats how you make people notice you and make thier heads turn right at you! and as far as the keying goes, key mine!! i would love to have a new paint job!

Maxvla
05-13-2002, 11:22 PM
wrong forum... get a clue! :wave:

4jacks
05-14-2002, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by Maxvla
wrong forum... get a clue! :wave:

Wrong Forum.... this is the wrong web site..

A Honda Civic is a Very dependable car that gets great gas mileage....

Honda doesn't sell it as a Sports Car we don't buy it as a Sports Car...

We buy it cuase we need a Dependable car that gets great gas mileage... the 240 is sports car.. yes it's faster, yea.. i kinda like it better too... but in 97 when they were still selling them, they were a crap load more expensive than a civic... even now a used 240 is a lot more than a used Civic... people shop on a budget.. we all can't go out a buy what we really really want.

So if your going compare honda's Civic, than you need to pull up Nissians Corolla... Well I'll leave you with this.. I just bought a new car.. I did a months worth of research .... the Corolla was crossed out very early.

slowEJ6
05-14-2002, 06:02 AM
the corolla is a toyota. :D
i think you mean the 200 - thats more along the lines of the civic.
everyone has their own opinion of what they like. some are arrogant about it and think they are better than everyone else, and in the case of honda owners - many people are like that and it gives those that are more open minded and TRUE car enthusiasts a bad name. but whatever, people are idiots everywhere.

Mushroom
05-14-2002, 08:41 AM
I think parc_erc_... has a valid argument - I hate huge spoilers and coffee-can mufflers too, no matter what kind of car they're on.

I drive a civic, and I can't fit my head in my tailpipe. I do, however, own a remarkably reliable, easy-to-maintain, comfortable and, yes, sporty (for a 35mpg compact!) car. It was also cheap to buy, and the plethora of parts make it fun to customize without having to buy a separate daily driver (like I would if I was working on an old domestic or a serious sports car).

The 240 is a nice car, 140-ish hp stock from a 2.4I4 is nothing special, but rwd would be worth it. Not what I was looking for, though. The 200 didn't handle as well and had a poor reliability history compared to Hondas.

KwikR6
05-14-2002, 11:19 AM
Notice how this is the photo exchange??