PDA

View Full Version : Number of Problems

ShEaNy
05-13-2002, 09:24 AM
OK first off my steering problem...Not everytime! but once in a while when i turn the wheel theres a squeaking type noise coming from the wheel wells...power steer pump?? second..... when i'm in high speeds (70km to 100km) and i slow down..when it gets to 30 or less .. the steering wheel starts to shake and it feels like the whole braking system is going to blow on me! i think that might be the routors or pads but i just changed everything! like 6 months ago..brand new routors and pads! Plus i think my steering wheel is broken cause its really loose... can anyone help? damn car is falling apart.....:o :no:

ebpda9
05-13-2002, 02:20 PM
for the braking change the rotors again. they have a very good cahnce to be warped again. are your caliper pins moving freely ? if not the pads are going to stick to the rotor and cvause excessive heat, causing the rotor to warp when it cools down. maybe you can machine the rotors, but you's be better off getting new ones. and please don't go bargain huntinmg on your rotors and pads.

for the squaking does it happen when you turn the wheels all the way to the end. is it happening to the right or to the left ? mine does it to the right, and i couldn't figure out why: it happens anly if i go all the way, or i drive thru the water, so i guess it is the belt that's a bit loose. the same thing might happen if the PS system has airbubbles in it.

ShEaNy
05-13-2002, 10:06 PM
actually it happens right away when i turn the wheel...not when its all the way... and sometimes it happens on both sides....

spoogenet
05-14-2002, 12:36 PM
What do you mean by your steering wheel being really loose? Do you mean that you can turn the steering wheel and the wheels don't turn? If that's the case, I'd say check your ball joints, perhaps other things as well.

b

ShEaNy
05-14-2002, 10:04 PM
ya i got half the things fixed the actual steering wheel was loose ... like it was shaking some "sleeve" was loose thats what the guy said.. i was going to rip it apart but i don't have mnay tools and time..and the pulsing brakes was the BACK drums..thats fixed and ya...its all good now:yes: cost a bit though 150... wheel balance and oil change too ...all the good stuff.. i just don't have the time to do it myself..meh:no: :paranoid: