PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Problems

nosajmc
05-06-2002, 11:38 AM
I have a stock 99 Civic SI...Only thing non-stock is wheels and tires...Sits on 225 40r17's

I don't drive it much...Work is under a mile from house, so it hasn't got much use lately...

Drove it to a friends yesterday about 40 miles away...And the drivers side rear end was off

Let me describe what happens and hopefully someone can help me find a solution

When I am in a corner...We'll say a right turn...As I go into the turn it feels good...nice and tight like it should...however as I start to pull out of the turn the back end overcompensates...in the instance of a right hand turn, the back end pulls left....so while I am in a turn I hit a bump....of course it jumps a bit, I expect that...what I don't expect is the metal on metal screech I hear....By now I am 40 miles from home, so I head that way....No more screeching, but same symptoms....Whether I turn left or right, as I come out of the turns, the back end overcompensates

Any Ideas?

ebpda9
05-06-2002, 01:06 PM
how are your shocks ?

nosajmc
05-06-2002, 04:01 PM
took it to honda...they say replace shocks, struts, and springs....they have no idea why its doing it...but they service manager droveit and agrees...

god i am glad i bought the 100k warranty