PDA

View Full Version : when crusing my car chokes, goes normal, then chokes again.

accordfreak
05-05-2002, 04:52 AM
anybody know why my car is choking when I'm crusing or when I'm trying to acclerate? it happens at random times.i have a 94 accord w/ 90k miles ..and the 90k tune up was already done...so what is making the car choke? thanks

ebpda9
05-05-2002, 10:55 AM
how's the fuel filter ? did anybody changed it ? what about your plug wires. my old subaru used to to that with bad wires, even thou they were looking like new

Quist
05-05-2002, 02:30 PM
yep check the wires and plugs, did you happen to wash your engine or get it wet??

accordfreak
05-05-2002, 05:50 PM
well the fuel filter was changed about a year ago. and seems like no problems there....my wires are also about a year old with magnacore wires...and nope my engine wasn't washed recently. could it be a bad fuel pump? or the fuel sending unit?

ebpda9
05-05-2002, 07:42 PM
i think it might be the fpr then, or a leak in the intake system

spoogenet
05-06-2002, 08:49 AM
What about the distributor? In my '88 Volvo (PoS) I had choking problems while cruising, it felt like the clutch slipping. I also had the occasional problem where it wouldn't accelerate past a certain RPM. Turns out the distributor wiper was so bad that the electricity was arcing across the wiper since there was no physical connection. :cool:

QUIST: Why do you ask about the washing? Like, if the answer were yes, then what would you propose as the cause of the problem?

b

ebpda9
05-06-2002, 11:25 AM
becuase if he got water in the distributor his car will not start or choke as he described