PDA

View Full Version : what sorta gains should i get from...

BaDNaN
05-03-2002, 03:54 AM
cai, headers, catback, under drive pulleys, lightned flywheel + fpr?
plus is there anything else i can do with out messin round with the internals?
im thinking bout 25-30hp increase with all that? waht do you guys think?
plus how hard is it to install camgears? and how much does it cost to have em installed? ive heard the aem ones arent good, is this true? id like to get camgears cuz i hear they make a decent hp increase
thanks

blownteggy
05-03-2002, 12:38 PM
I/H/E will give about 10hp, pulleys maybe 3hp, flywheel helps with the rotational mass of your engine so it only helps your car accelerate faster, fpr isn't going to help much since there are no major mods... cam gears for an ls/gs/rs teg will help as long as you get them tuned at a dyno. look to purchase a set of cams also to help out the cam gears. cam gears are easy to install if you know what you're doing. i recomend having theminstalled by a shop.

TruHeel142
05-07-2002, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by blownteggy
I/H/E will give about 10hp, pulleys maybe 3hp, flywheel helps with the rotational mass of your engine so it only helps your car accelerate faster, fpr isn't going to help much since there are no major mods... cam gears for an ls/gs/rs teg will help as long as you get them tuned at a dyno. look to purchase a set of camgears also to help out the cam gears. cam gears are easy to install if you know what you're doing. i recomend having theminstalled by a shop.

or basically what he's saying is go turbo/super-charging, the most cost-effecient way to get lots of HP.

blownteggy
05-08-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by TruHeel142

or basically what he's saying is go turbo/super-charging, the most cost-effecient way to get lots of HP.
EXACTLY....so many people believe the hype of a i/h/e. 20 hp baby!! think again my friend...