PDA

View Full Version : Don't buy an RSX please

TruHeel142
05-01-2002, 11:24 AM
Ok, if your gonna go out and get a new car and you are considering a rsx-s @25K than I ask one question: why not spend exactly the same amount on an AWD stock-turbo car wit 25 more hp???

WRX>rsx....anyone who buys a rsx-s IMO just knows nothing about cars. Or why not go out and get a rx7 or tt supra or somehting along those lines??? The most overpriced car out there other than ferraris, are those stupid rsx's. They can't handle for sh*t and they've got shifting issues(2nd gear grinding), so again i ask, why the heck do you buy one?

Just a warning, do not buy that freaking car.

2ndGenTeg
05-01-2002, 12:15 PM
I disagree.

In its stock form, the RSX Type S has the same specific output as the B18C, and another 201cc. With modifications already available and more on the way (including turbo and aggressive camshafts), I think the K20A2 has tremendous potential, if not more than the B18C. I'll take a stock 200hp motor with a 6 speed transmission any day. Slap a turbo on that, and let it rip.

I compare the WRX to the Eclipse GSX. When introduced, they were the best bang you could get for the buck in a new car. What do they have in common? Stock turbo, 4WD. Now are you about to tell anyone "Do not buy an Integra! Get a DSM!"? I think not.

tightteg52
05-01-2002, 12:40 PM
The thing is Subaru has proven over the years that there cars area as reliable as Hondas. The thing about "slappin" a turbo on it is after taht it's still a 13.7 second car! The WRX is the best bang for the buck when lookin at a NEW car. think about it 4doors,awd,stock turbo,VERY reliable!! But the thing with cars is to each there own! i know if i got a new car it would more then likely be a WRX. the only thing that the wrx TRUELY lacks in is braking.

Originally posted by 2ndGenTeg
I disagree.

In its stock form, the RSX Type S has the same specific output as the B18C, and another 201cc. With modifications already available and more on the way (including turbo and aggressive camshafts), I think the K20A2 has tremendous potential, if not more than the B18C. I'll take a stock 200hp motor with a 6 speed transmission any day. Slap a turbo on that, and let it rip.

I compare the WRX to the Eclipse GSX. When introduced, they were the best bang you could get for the buck in a new car. What do they have in common? Stock turbo, 4WD. Now are you about to tell anyone "Do not buy an Integra! Get a DSM!"? I think not.

2ndGenTeg
05-01-2002, 05:21 PM
In no way am I saying that the WRX is a bad car, or that it does not perform. On the contrary- I've already said it's the best bang for the buck you can get in a new car. However, to bash the RSX on the basis that in its stock form it would be outrun by the WRX would be unfair.

Just wait for the RSX aftermarket. I predict that in a few years, the K20A2 will prove to be a better engine with more potential than the B18C, and THAT will be something to see.

blownteggy
05-01-2002, 05:23 PM
to each his/her own...let no man/woman decide for you...

tightteg52
05-01-2002, 10:46 PM
I think his poin his that from a performance stand point the wrx is the better buy RIGHT NOW. But the truth is to each there own and im sure everyone has there reasons for what they buy!! But please ppl buy the type s that way there are more wrxs for me to choose from somday!!!

Originally posted by 2ndGenTeg
In no way am I saying that the WRX is a bad car, or that it does not perform. On the contrary- I've already said it's the best bang for the buck you can get in a new car. However, to bash the RSX on the basis that in its stock form it would be outrun by the WRX would be unfair.

Just wait for the RSX aftermarket. I predict that in a few years, the K20A2 will prove to be a better engine with more potential than the B18C, and THAT will be something to see.

TruHeel142
05-02-2002, 11:21 AM
Which is faster stock??? Wrx
Which handles better stock??? Wrx
Which looks better stock??? I'd argue WRX, but tie
Which is more reliable??? tie

So unless your making a project car, I don't see any arguement to get a type s over a wrx. To even make them even speed and handling, you'd have to dump serious bucks into the rsx. And with that money you'd be making the wrx faster n better. Just my opinion, read it if ya want.

OneDopeTeg
05-02-2002, 06:37 PM
just wait for the freekin lancer evo ;) or the infiniti g35 coupe/nissan 350z (those are badass cars) :)

TruHeel142
05-02-2002, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by OneDopeTeg
just wait for the freekin lancer evo ;) or the infiniti g35 coupe/nissan 350z (those are badass cars) :)

stupid question but is the new 350 gonna be twin turbo also???

tightteg52
05-02-2002, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by TruHeel142

stupid question but is the new 350 gonna be twin turbo also???

350 is not tt to my knowledge.

and the thing with the lancer is reliablity. anyone remeber mistubishis last try at awd turbo in america yeah gsx crankwalk. and mitsus aren't near as reliable as acs or subys so why not wait for the wrx sti!! hehe

Mushroom
05-03-2002, 08:59 AM
350 is n/a, but according to the salesguy a nismo turbo (maybe tt) kit will be available as soon as the car is.

I would probably go for a wrx over rsx if I was buying a new car now, b/c 4 doors are handy and 4wd nice in winter here, but there are a billion reasons to choose one car over another, not just "faster stock, handles better stock, looks better, more reliable". to auto lovers, the car is an emotional investment, and the numbers are peanuts. I could buy a ton of cars that run faster and handle better than my civic, but I like my car becuase I decide to like my car. :)

se-r turbo
05-03-2002, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by OneDopeTeg

Everyone should get a 92 sentra se-r. Those are bad ass cars:yes:

TruHeel142
05-04-2002, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by se-r turbo

Everyone should get a 92 sentra se-r. Those are bad ass cars:yes:
:pukey :D