PDA

View Full Version : what the *ELL

Fatal070
04-24-2002, 10:36 AM
when drivein it feels like my back tires are running over something but there not i dont' know what the hell this is might be the tires there pretty bad there cracking but im just wodering if it might be the rim what do u think?

spoogenet
04-24-2002, 09:51 PM
The belt could be broken in one or both of your back tires. I would look into replacing the tires, if that's the case. A buddy of mine had that problem in the front wheels of his '93 Accord, at slow speeds the steering wheel would wobble a bunch, as if the tire were not fully bolted on. At higher speeds it would have a very slight vibration, like a wheel being out of balance.

b

ebpda9
04-24-2002, 10:01 PM
or check your balljoints.

spoogenet
04-25-2002, 07:57 AM
Are there balljoints on the rears? I ask cuz I don't know, but I've never heard of them on the backs either.

b

ebpda9
04-25-2002, 10:05 AM
well i don't know about sol's but on my accord there is one from the upper arm to the rear knucle. Also shocks might be blown.

ShEaNy
04-25-2002, 01:39 PM
I had the same problem when i was stopping.. The steering wheel was everywhere! .. i had too two hand the thing to stay in my lane! I got my brakes replaced thinking it was just the pads or something and it stopped..now months later its happening again!...:mad:

ebpda9
04-25-2002, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by sheany_91accord
I had the same problem when i was stopping.. The steering wheel was everywhere! .. i had too two hand the thing to stay in my lane! I got my brakes replaced thinking it was just the pads or something and it stopped..now months later its happening again!...:mad:

how are your engine mounts ? what about your shocks ? how are the front hub bearings ? all this cause these symptoms in a car

spoogenet
04-25-2002, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by sheany_91accord

Well if it stopped, then returned, I would think it has to deal with your brake system since you replaced some of it. Did you replace the rotors, or just the pads?

b