PDA

View Full Version : Turn signal wiring

jimmyg
04-22-2002, 12:08 PM
Does anyone know the turn signal wiring for a 1996 Integra? Someone stole my turn signal lights and cut the wires, so now I have these five wires and I don't know which wires go to which turn/parking light.

Can anyone tell me which wires go to which bulb?

Also, what can I do to prevent someone from stealing my turn signals again?

Thanks.

TruHeel142
04-22-2002, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by jimmyg
Does anyone know the turn signal wiring for a 1996 Integra? Someone stole my turn signal lights and cut the wires, so now I have these five wires and I don't know which wires go to which turn/parking light.

Can anyone tell me which wires go to which bulb?

Also, what can I do to prevent someone from stealing my turn signals again?

Thanks.

I'm confused, did they take the actual lenses or just the bulbs??? And are you talking bout the front or back turn signals??? Tell me what exactly ur talking about, I'd be glad to look tonight, and tell ya what wire goes to what. Hope u find who did it too, that sucks!!!!:crazy:

jimmyg
04-22-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by TruHeel142

I'm confused, did they take the actual lenses or just the bulbs??? And are you talking bout the front or back turn signals??? Tell me what exactly ur talking about, I'd be glad to look tonight, and tell ya what wire goes to what. Hope u find who did it too, that sucks!!!!:crazy:

They took both front turn signal assemblies (lenses, bulbs, and bulb connectors). I believe they just unscrewed the single screws holding in each turn signal assembly and then they pulled the assemblies out, cut the wires, and ran off with them...

So now I have to order two entire turn signal assemblies and install them. That alone is going to cost about $200, and I also have to figure out which wires are supposed to go where--cause right now there's just five wires hanging where each of the front turn signals used to be.

The worst part is I'm scared they are going to do it again. I'm a student living in a dorm, so my Integra is parked one of the school garages during the week. I've heard that you can put superglue on the screw or use Torx screws to try to prevent thieves from simply unscrewing one screw to steal the turn signals. Does that work?

Also, what I don't understand is that the turn signals were "stock." They weren't clear corners. So why in the world would somebody steal my "stock" turn signals?

Hey, TruHeel142, thanks for the reply! :)

94_AcCoRd_EX
04-22-2002, 04:08 PM
Before you order new assemblies, check E-bay. Also, look at thepartstrader, recycler.com, etc. You might find some for much cheaper. Torx screws would make it more difficult for thieves if they weren't prepared.

I lived in a dorm a couple of years ago, and I didn't have anything happen, but my roommate got a bunch of stuff jacked from his car.

TruHeel142
04-22-2002, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by jimmyg

They took both front turn signal assemblies (lenses, bulbs, and bulb connectors). I believe they just unscrewed the single screws holding in each turn signal assembly and then they pulled the assemblies out, cut the wires, and ran off with them...

So now I have to order two entire turn signal assemblies and install them. That alone is going to cost about $200, and I also have to figure out which wires are supposed to go where--cause right now there's just five wires hanging where each of the front turn signals used to be.

The worst part is I'm scared they are going to do it again. I'm a student living in a dorm, so my Integra is parked one of the school garages during the week. I've heard that you can put superglue on the screw or use Torx screws to try to prevent thieves from simply unscrewing one screw to steal the turn signals. Does that work?

Also, what I don't understand is that the turn signals were "stock." They weren't clear corners. So why in the world would somebody steal my "stock" turn signals?

Hey, TruHeel142, thanks for the reply! :)

$200??? damn!!!

Go to nopi.com and get ur clear corners & amber bulbs for $24 + shipping

And then I'm not sure about the wiring, but how can that add up to $200??? If you just have some cut wires, take it in to a shop, they should fix it up for way less than $175.

The shop around my house, inspected every single wire leading to my front lights and checked the electrical system, and they took 3 hours doing it and charged me $30!!! So $200 sounds ridiculous!!!!!!

jimmyg
04-22-2002, 07:46 PM
When I called my Acura dealer, they said each turn signal assembly was like over $100...which I find strange, since so many "clear" corner lights are around $50 or so. I would have thought that the "stock" lights would be cheaper. I believe my Acura dealer is trying to screw me over... :mad:

I guess I would get "clear" corners, but won't thieves be more likely to try to steal those "clear" corners? And I'm not sure if clear corners (with amber bulbs or not) are legal in CA.

Incubus
05-02-2002, 08:23 PM
Hehe sorry to hear that happened to you man. The same thing happened to me in the Fall, they not only took my clears, but they ripped the bulbs and wires out as well because they were too lazy to unplug the bulbs.
I wish people like that would burn in hell for all eternity. Like John Travolta said in Pulp Fiction, "You just don't f**k with another man's car!"

I rewired my bulbs and stuff, but my turn signals still blink really fast and and they only blink when my headlights are not on, which means my front blinkers only work during the day.

I didn't wire it quite right and I've been too lazy to re-wire it.
Just remember that the smaller bulb takes only 2 wires and the other 3 go to the actual blinking bulb (the bigger one). I think it's red,black,green. I believe that's the correct order as I've taken a few peeks at other tegs.
Oh yeah, clear corners should be no more than $40 including tax....bulb casings should be $20 tops for all 4 casings, and have the Acura dealer put the wires in the casings so all you have to do is connect the wires to the ones already in your car. Bulbs should be an extra $10 at the most.
With everything, I paid around $100 to replace all the crap stolen, probably a little less than that. Try finding a screw to hold the blinkers in that require a special key or bit to unscrew, that way they can't be stolen anymore. Good luck, if you have any more questions let me know!