PDA

View Full Version : Turbo : 97 Integra GSR

ladylude99
04-19-2002, 08:51 PM
One of my friends is looking to setup a turbo on her 97 GSR
All on stock internals

Money isnt really an object

Can you guys list me the possibilities? And how much hp gains should she expect?

thank you
LIZ

tightteg52
04-19-2002, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by ladylude99
All on stock internals

Can you guys list me the possibilities? And how much hp gains should she expect?

thank you
LIZ

Ok her best bet IMO is the Drag gen 3 turbo kit they come with almost everythin you need for a basic turbo setup.

BUt the most she should be boostin is around 8lbs on stock internals daily driven and 10 lbs for track runs. Cant really give estimates on gains but aroun 75-125hp to the wheels make sure she gets i dyno tuned. And word round the boost tree is once you start you cnat stop so she might as well get new pistons etc.

ebpda9
04-20-2002, 12:07 AM
what's the stock power of a GSR ?

with 8lbs of boost you should liik to a 35-40% increse in power

toykilla
04-20-2002, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by ladylude99
All on stock internals

thank you
LIZ

If money isnt an object then why have stock internals?? Build bottom end, build top end, large injecters, standalone ECU and Drag gen 3 turbo kit and she will be seeing 500+hp to the wheels easy.

Ekliptix
04-21-2002, 12:33 AM
For reliable hp, get a JR Supercharger, + it needs a lot less tuning.

http://www.snowest.com/fusetalk3/attachments//JR%20GSR%2Ejpg

Accord Man
04-21-2002, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Ekliptix
For reliable hp, get a JR Supercharger, + it needs a lot less tuning.

http://www.snowest.com/fusetalk3/attachments//JR%20GSR%2Ejpg

how much does the JSRC make on a GSR engine?

hondaman, 170 hp.

Toykilla, the thing is that she doesnt want to end up with a high maintenance car.. Cause she's already high maintenance..
:D :D

tightteg52
04-21-2002, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by toykilla

If money isnt an object then why have stock internals?? Build bottom end, build top end, large injecters, standalone ECU and Drag gen 3 turbo kit and she will be seeing 500+hp to the wheels easy.

But how much of that would get to the ground with out some serious slicks?? I think the money not a isue comment was a lil over the top and they just have a bit of money for the kit and nothin else!! But yeah the set up you said would rule if you could get it to hook that would be low 11's!!

The beauty of a turbo is it is sooo esy for a daily driver keep it low for daily driven crank it up for the track!

dukmahsik
04-27-2002, 02:54 AM
i think you should go with the Greddy turbo kit as it comes with a big enough turbo for you to run 12s and it is smog legal. the mitsu turbo spools faster than ur t3/t4 and the manifold in the greddy is badass