PDA

View Full Version : time for a new catback

BaDNaN
04-07-2002, 12:26 AM
time to upgrade my stock exhaust on my 96 ls sedan
what im looking for is: decent hp gains, decent cost, moderate sound. i dont want something as loud as the n1, that things a beast. cost im looking in the $450 range, the lower the better.
i was gonna get an apexi ws but someone said that there are almost no gains from it.
im liking the greddy sp, the comptech and the dc sports.
anyone know where i can get em at a nice competitive price?
id really like the comptech but its like 550.
any suggestions tips?
i know everybody and their brother have asked this question but im just a fool and am asking again. also id really like some info from people who have the exhausts mentioned above
thanks

94_AcCoRd_EX
04-07-2002, 01:11 AM
Well, I don't really know what to tell you. Sounds like you're choosing from three good brands, so you really can't go wrong. I like the way the Greddy EVO sounds, but I haven't heard the sp. The Greddy carries a decent price tag too... (I think GBC has them for a good price).

tightteg52
04-07-2002, 04:32 PM
go with the apexi ws or greddy evo both give good gains ws is quieter and the evo is louder.

TruHeel142
04-07-2002, 09:43 PM
EVO = :yes: i "got" (will get) mine for $467 shipped. heard nothing but good things from ppl who have them, i'll tell you what I think of the EVO, if I EVER get mine!!!

tightteg52
04-07-2002, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by TruHeel142
EVO = :yes: i "got" (will get) mine for $467 shipped. heard nothing but good things from ppl who have them, i'll tell you what I think of the EVO, if I EVER get mine!!!

I have a feeling if yours ever comes that it will be bent all to hell when you get it!!

Integra221
04-08-2002, 01:31 PM
The Greddy Evo sounds really nice at all rpms. I have a Thermal Stealth Exhaust and it is pretty quite but i do fell some gains at high rpms. I was looking at the greddy sp before I got my Thermal. The only The Greddy Evo sounds really nice at all rpms. I have a Thermal Stealth Exhaust and it is pretty quite but i do fell some gains at high rpms. I was looking at the greddy sp before I got my Thermal. The only reason I got the Thermal is because of the way the piping is made underneath the car. The greddy sp gets larger right where my shift linkage comes down and conects to the shifter. I have a short shift that hit my stock exhaust because the piping got bigger underneath the shifter. The Thermal fit fine and I dont have that problem anymore.

BaDNaN
04-08-2002, 01:35 PM
some dude on this forum once said that a 'focuz' is also good, how do the 'focuz' and 'psudo predator' hold up against the evo, sp and dc sports catback? i saw em for what i tihnk is a reasonable price at ard performance
thanks

TruHeel142
04-08-2002, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by BaDNaN
some dude on this forum once said that a 'focuz' is also good, how do the 'focuz' and 'psudo predator' hold up against the evo, sp and dc sports catback? i saw em for what i tihnk is a reasonable price at ard performance
thanks

Sounds like something ractive would make, but I've never heard of them:D. They'll probably fall apart a week after ya get it, but I dunno. And, I'd definetely get the EVo over the sp, but i'm biased!

*cough*EVO*cough*:yes:

TruHeel142
04-08-2002, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by tightteg52

I have a feeling if yours ever comes that it will be bent all to hell when you get it!!

It has to come sometime this year....maybe, damnit, this is 100x worse than f****** diablomotorsports wuz!!!!!

My short shifter came in 1 day
My type r wing came in 2 days
why the fawk does it take over 2 months for an exhaust???
:paranoid: :paranoid: :paranoid: :paranoid: :paranoid:

Integra221
04-09-2002, 09:59 PM
Where did you order it from TruHeel. That sucks mine got here in 3 days. And most of my other parts have been here with in a week. Except for my F*#@ing GSR head!!!

tightteg52
04-09-2002, 10:43 PM
Language children launguagE!!!! and tru your exhaust aint comin!! just face it! y9our out 467 bucks!! Thats what you get for tryin to save money!!