PDA

View Full Version : GSR Question?? Help me out.

toykilla
04-06-2002, 09:16 AM
Last night I went to the strip. There was a red GSR trying to race everyone and anyone for cash. I didnt have any on me but I did have my title. He didnt have his, oh well. Anyways, this man talked like he had a 4 second dragster. He told me he would give me a 3 car headstart and still spank me. I did some searching and found out what he had. b18 bored out to a 2.2L. Fully rebuilt with higher compression. NO NOS, NO TURBO, NO SUPERCHARGER. About what times would that car get in the 1.4 mile??

tightteg52
04-06-2002, 10:15 PM
bored out to 2.2 then hes got GOBS of tourque! And the high compression prolly 11.5:1 or 12:1 tops hes lookin at low 13's high 12s with traction!! Key word TRACTION! If he has slicks or drag radials low 13s possibly mid 12s if hes a great driver.

tightteg52
04-06-2002, 10:16 PM
OH yeah hes prolly puttin around 220-230 to the grounds in both hp and tourque with it bored like that the tourque prolly caught up with the hp!

tightteg52
04-07-2002, 04:26 PM
humph i might be wrong though! oh well!

2ndGenTeg
04-08-2002, 01:42 AM
2200cc is a pretty tall claim. His cylinder walls would only be .4mm thick. I repeat- .4mm. Do you realize how thin that is? Center to center, B series cylinders are 90mm. In order to get 2200cc of displacement in a B18C, he'd have to be bored to 89.6mm. His head gasket would blow the first time he revved the engine past 2000rpm. The largest you can bore a B series before running into problems 84mm, 86mm if you sleeve. Take that to the strip next weekend, and call him out on his BS.

If it were true, think of it as about even with an Integra with an H22 swapped in. He has the disadvantages of a slower piston speed and parasitic drag (an Integra with an H22 won't have power steering, ABS, or A/C), but the advantages of a lighter engine and higher compression. Unmodified save the compression (no bolt ons), I'd give him a low to mid 13 on street tires, good driving.

With a fully built engine and ignoring our mysterious overbore/head gasket paradox, I doubt torque caught up with horsepower. Hopefully the engine still revs to 5252rpm, which is where they always cross. Once again, with an 89.6mm bore, he couldn't rev past about 2000rpm before blowing his head gasket. Therefore this whole thing is kind of pointless until we find out what he's really got.

toykilla
04-08-2002, 01:58 AM
Thanks for the info man. Come to think of it, we was reving that thing up all night and all night he was spitting white smoke. Maybe he does have blown head gasket. hehe Yea, some actually told me it was an 11 second car (from what I know about honda's) I told him he was full of shit. A shop down here has a $20,000 engine along with a civic hatch (race set up) and it only runs mid 10's (all engine). So, im gonna go back to the strip with $1000 this weekend and see if he wants to run.

Integra221
04-08-2002, 01:37 PM
Yeah im thinking he is probely full of shit. But mid 10's is pretty quick Toykilla but I guess your gs eclipse could take that civic.:yes:

toykilla
04-08-2002, 03:10 PM
My eclipse cant beat the mid 10's but I think I can beat the integra.

Integra221
04-10-2002, 08:06 AM
What all do you have done to your GS Eclipse ToyKillia?

toykilla
04-10-2002, 05:20 PM
heh you want a parts list...here we go. Im sure ill forget a couple things.

HRC stage II turbo kit (s16g, 10psi)
HRC LARGE FMIC
test pipe
apex n1 exhaust
bottom end kit (in my room)
cartech new generation FPR (waiting for it)
clutchmaster stage IV clutch
b&m short shift kit
greddy profec b boost controller (broken)
lp performance mbc (my own mbc)
hks turbo timer
vis racing strada body kit (in garage)
team loco wheels (17x7.5)
autometer gauges - a/f, boost, oil pressure, (egt and electic fuel pressure in my room)
momo racing petals
autometer 5" monster tach
sprint front and rear camber kit (in my room)
apexi s-afc (broken)
msd spark plug wires
ngk plugs
msd ignition (in my room)
falken tires

I think thats it, im not sure....the bottom end kit will go in when i get enough for 625cc injecters and acell dfi. the rest of the stuff, im just too lazy to put on. when i get rebuilt, im also getting 5 angle valve job, port and polish intake manifold and a bored trottle body. it should be running 30psi on cam2 by this summer's end. After that im adding 100 shot direct port and rebuild the top end (cams, cam gears, valve springs and such). That will be done by next summer. anyone wanna race?

:D

ebpda9
04-10-2002, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by toykilla
heh you want a parts list...here we go. Im sure ill forget a couple things.

HRC stage II turbo kit (s16g, 10psi)
HRC LARGE FMIC
test pipe
apex n1 exhaust
bottom end kit (in my room)
cartech new generation FPR (waiting for it)
clutchmaster stage IV clutch
b&m short shift kit
greddy profec b boost controller (broken)
lp performance mbc (my own mbc)
hks turbo timer
vis racing strada body kit (in garage)
team loco wheels (17x7.5)
autometer gauges - a/f, boost, oil pressure, (egt and electic fuel pressure in my room)
momo racing petals
autometer 5" monster tach
sprint front and rear camber kit (in my room)
apexi s-afc (broken)
msd spark plug wires
ngk plugs
msd ignition (in my room)
falken tires

I think thats it, im not sure....the bottom end kit will go in when i get enough for 625cc injecters and acell dfi. the rest of the stuff, im just too lazy to put on. when i get rebuilt, im also getting 5 angle valve job, port and polish intake manifold and a bored trottle body. it should be running 30psi on cam2 by this summer's end. After that im adding 100 shot direct port and rebuild the top end (cams, cam gears, valve springs and such). That will be done by next summer. anyone wanna race?

:D

you lazy ass. get out and put them on haha jfwy.

i have a room full of parts. (i'm a lazy mofo too :yes: )

Integra221
04-11-2002, 09:42 AM
Yeah you would destroy me toy killa. Just wait till I get my head though.

toykilla
04-11-2002, 04:40 PM
Ill be waiting, you must wait til I get my new fuel pressure regulator also. =/ It will be here wednesday but that following monday I have to goto Texas. I was just informed that I will NEVER get another VA issued drivers license. good thing my grandfather lives in Texas and has the EXACT same name. Im gonna go get one of his bills as a proof of resisdence (chill there for a while) then come back and live in VA. Only downfall is ill have to goto texas once a year for emissions. oh well, its nice down there.

toykilla
04-16-2002, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Integra221
Yeah you would destroy me toy killa. Just wait till I get my head though.

I would destroy you with GSR head also. :eek: