PDA

View Full Version : small problems

juvenile
03-03-2002, 07:18 PM
Ok I'm having small problems with my 93 Chrysler Concorde.
Basically, when I'm driving, the engine all of a sudden might turn off, so I have to put hte car in neutral, start her up, and put in in drive. Happens like once every couple of weeks.

Then at times, when Itry to turn the car on, it turns on, tries to keep the revs up at idle, then dies. And I try again, same thing. Basically these methods have worked for me to start her up. Let the car stand for 10-20 mintues give it a try. Sometimes takes 30-40 mintues. Or rev at 4-5 thousand while parked, which then will cause it to be able to keep the idle revs.

I went to a Chrysler dealership. Payed $300 bucks to run all the tests, they found nothing. Can anyone help me out?

Accord Man
03-03-2002, 08:48 PM
We had the same problem on a 1990 Cavalier, auto.

In our case the problem was occuring because the tranny, when too hot, wasnt shifting properly.

It was trying to maintain a gear that was to high for the speed.
ie. 2nd gear at 10kph. So the revs ultimately drop, and the engine dies.

Guess we should have changed the fluide at recommended intervals.. Oh well, we got rid of it..

juvenile
03-03-2002, 09:49 PM
Well I have a new tranny so I don't think it's the problem!

Maxvla
03-03-2002, 11:13 PM
new anything is always the problem... or so i have experience with...

tightteg52
03-04-2002, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Maxvla
new anything is always the problem... or so i have experience with...

lol true true~!

ebpda9
03-04-2002, 02:52 PM
do what accord man said.

if it's an auto the linker cable might be messed up so the tranny reads the wrong opening causing making the tranny thing that the engine has that may revs while the engine has a lot lower revs.