PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Sound! Need Help

Red Tegg 47173
03-02-2002, 01:24 AM
hi all,

everytime i accelerate or drive and then brake i hear this sqweaky high pitched metallic shrill coming from the bottom of my car. now this happens when i usually brake, but sometimes does it when i'm driving. what is this? help!

:no:

Maxvla
03-02-2002, 01:46 AM
you sure its not brake squeal?

md7997
03-02-2002, 01:47 PM
i'm sure it's not just "brake" squeal. okay it doesn't happen as much when i'm driving for a while and then brake, but say i'm at a restaurant and then i come out to start driving again, the squealing starts up again and then subsides every time i use the brakes. it is very noticeable when i put the car in reverse and drive.

md7997
03-02-2002, 01:50 PM
also when it says "maintenance required" on my indicator lights when i start the engine, what do you think that suggests? is it just maintenance or is it detecting something wrong with the car? thx

TruHeel142
03-03-2002, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by md7997
also when it says "maintenance required" on my indicator lights when i start the engine, what do you think that suggests? is it just maintenance or is it detecting something wrong with the car? thx

That light will always come on when u start up ur Teg, but if it goes off, then alls good....i have no idea what that sound is though

tightteg52
03-03-2002, 08:09 PM
SOUND???:confused: :confused: :confused: WHAT SOUND I DONT HEAR NO SOUND *SHOOTS CAR* SEE NO SOUND!:smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking:

Stapler
03-03-2002, 08:41 PM
the maintenance req. light comes on every 6k (?) w/c is just a reminder that you need to change the oil of the car. all you have to do is reset it (button under the steering wheel)

im almost sure that the noise is coming from the brakes. have it checked, you might need new calipers.

md7997
03-04-2002, 05:49 PM
you might be right. also, i checked my car fluids and the abs brake fluid on the left side of the engine is low. i tried to unscrew the casing so that i can pull the top off to refill the fluid but the screw is too tight. plus there's a rubber cap on top and when i remove it, there's like a little tiny pin hole. what is that for? can anyone help on how to remove the top to the abs brake fluid so i can fill it up? the thing is, i think this might be my problem to why i hear the sound every time i use my brakes.

Stapler
03-04-2002, 06:17 PM
you only have to remove the cap of the modulator unit to refill the fluid.. you probably removed the bleeder cap and its the maintenance bleeder you saw. do not remove those screws, you're not supposed to do that. if you cant remove the cap, have someone at the dealership remove it.

Maxvla
03-04-2002, 08:27 PM
you know... you might have a loose belt... didnt think about that.

TruHeel142
03-06-2002, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Stapler
the maintenance req. light comes on every 6k (?) w/c is just a reminder that you need to change the oil of the car. all you have to do is reset it (button under the steering wheel)

Thnx I didn't know how to turn that stupid thing off. It only comes on for a second when I start my car, but still, thnx.

md7997
03-07-2002, 12:02 AM
hi guys,

i think the problem with my car is the brakes. i hear consistently coming from the back of the car however. i don't know if i need new brake pads, new rotors, or new calipers or what else. The car seems to be working just find mechanically, i mean the brakes "feel" fine, but it sounds terrible everytime i start to brake. what do u think it possibly could be?