PDA

View Full Version : All motor

gsr95
02-18-2002, 10:35 AM
What is the opinion of everyone on the order and parts, company to use on each part for daily driven car that would be almost unbeatable for 95 gsr 4dr? Serious no jokes just help me get started everyone is telling me something different and is making the whole process very slow going trying to make the right choice the first time around:confused:

tightteg52
02-18-2002, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by gsr95
What is the opinion of everyone on the order and parts, company to use on each part for daily driven car that would be almost unbeatable for 95 gsr 4dr? Serious no jokes just help me get started everyone is telling me something different and is making the whole process very slow going trying to make the right choice the first time around:confused:

In all honesty you wont get that. what i mean is the almost unbeatable part. atleast not without giving up some of the serious creature comforts. but ok all motor build up. Are you SURE you wanna go all motor yeah it sounds kewl that you can have a all motor but hondas just aren't made for all motor. but if you wanna all motor set up here it goes.

First of you need intake,exhaust,header. AEM for intake exhaust pick any one of the following listed in no particular order. CUSTOM<COMPTECH<GREDDY take your pick. the you need header this is my numb dont know much about department i've heard either dc sports or itr headers are both great.; then on to your bottom end you will want to get it bored over around 85mm sleeved,high compression pistons around a 12.1:1 or 12.5:1 talk to a mechanic and a few other goodies that right there is around 10k estamated for parts and labor but for that same price you can build up a nice turbod gsr

pistons 500 rods 500 labor aroun 750. tubo kit with lots o goodies around 5 grand with all necasarry parts of group buy center if you go at the right time crank up the boost for when you need it lower it for when you dont and BAM nice daily driven 11-12 second car depending on your driving skills. but on the same not to achieve that with a all motor setup you will be tearing the interior out and investing way too much but ehll your car that should give you a idea of how things are donw.

OneDopeTeg
02-18-2002, 06:48 PM
woohoo...now we are talkin ;)....start of with the new JG Edelbrock intake manifold and big bore throttle body, Apexi N1 exhaust or tanabe RM, Toda spec b or preferably spec c cams, skunk2 or DC cam gears (chosen for number of bolts...less slippage), JDM ITR headers or any other 2.5 in JDM header (Mugen, Spoon etc), AEM intake, RC engineering injectors (figure flow rate by going to RC Engineering's website), B&M fuel pressure riser, higer compression pistons (the new JE piston line kicks ass...the ones with dimples), port and polish, MSD ignition system, UR underdrive pullies, DC or AEM high flow fuel rail, high flow fuel pump of choice, upgraded valve train (if ya get toda cams get the toda valve train) to allow higher revs because the VTEC's make their power by revving...id say thats pretty good. You would be kicking some ass and taking some names :)

tightteg52
02-18-2002, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by OneDopeTeg
woohoo...now we are talkin ;)....start of with the new JG Edelbrock intake manifold and big bore throttle body, Apexi N1 exhaust or tanabe RM, Toda spec b or preferably spec c cams, skunk2 or DC cam gears (chosen for number of bolts...less slippage), JDM ITR headers or any other 2.5 in JDM header (Mugen, Spoon etc), AEM intake, RC engineering injectors (figure flow rate by going to RC Engineering's website), B&M fuel pressure riser, higer compression pistons (the new JE piston line kicks ass...the ones with dimples), port and polish, MSD ignition system, UR underdrive pullies, DC or AEM high flow fuel rail, high flow fuel pump of choice, upgraded valve train (if ya get toda cams get the toda valve train) to allow higher revs because the VTEC's make their power by revving...id say thats pretty good. You would be kicking some ass and taking some names :)

well dope i must say you know your all motor stuff. props man but dont give me hell if your gonna talk about a build up that would cost as much as mine! oh and sorry if i sound like a jerk in the other post but im really stressed at work and vented and took it out on a unexpecting inter net board that and the fact that i've always delt with haters.

OneDopeTeg
02-19-2002, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by tightteg52

well dope i must say you know your all motor stuff. props man but dont give me hell if your gonna talk about a build up that would cost as much as mine! oh and sorry if i sound like a jerk in the other post but im really stressed at work and vented and took it out on a unexpecting inter net board that and the fact that i've always delt with haters.

Its all good...in the other post i wasnt trying to give ya hell....i was just playin around as denoted by the ;) at the end of my post...im sorry if it came off as anything else....i wasnt tryin to down ya....hell you should see my list of parts i want! I know where yer comin from.

2ndGenTeg
02-22-2002, 05:07 AM
If it were me, here's what I would do:

Bottom end:
Eagle Rods, Arias Pistons (Endyn is great stuff, but I'm anti-Endyn due to personal politics)
Blueprinted, balanced, and knife-edged crank
Bored and Sleeved by Golden Eagle

Head:
Port/Polish by Portflow
Jun Stage 2 or Toda Spec B cams
Matching valvetrain
Spoon Cam Gears

External:
RS Akimoto Short Ram Intake
Bored Throttle Body
Ported/Port Matched Intake Manifold
Fuel System, including high flow fuel rail, injectors, and a fuel pressure regulator
Hytech or SMSP header, Jet Coated
Exhaust- anything but Tanabe

Hondata Standalone

Built and tuned at ImportBuilders- an engine is only as good as the person building and tuning it

Expect 200+ whp