PDA

View Full Version : To Tanabe Racing Medallion Owners

HoOn
02-15-2002, 09:45 PM
Hello! I just installed my Tanabe RM this morning and the Installer asked me if I had a tip for the muffler. I told him there isnt one and so he warned me that because the end of the muffler is the same as the bumber I should expect to see the bumber discolored because of the fumes of the exhaust.

Does anyone have this problem or will it actually happen? Any experiences would be great! :)

Maxvla
02-15-2002, 11:04 PM
yes it can and in your case will happen.
get a tip. cheap. easy. and no discoloration.
>>Later>>

HoOn
02-15-2002, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Maxvla
yes it can and in your case will happen.
get a tip. cheap. easy. and no discoloration.
>>Later>>

Hmm... They have a tip for the Racing Medallion?

MAXVLA: Where did you get your tip for the Racing Medallion?

v6accord
03-15-2002, 05:16 PM
It will happen Ive seen it and it looks a bit crap. I personally dont have the style muffler youve got I went with a bosal prospeed dual tip, but plenty of riders around my part do and ive seen several with the problem your about to have if you dont get a tip. I dont know if one exists. Hope you can find one.

slowEJ6
03-18-2002, 07:18 PM
a tip for the tanabe rm? thats not possible. the RM should extend to right underneath your bumper which would mean no crap is going to get on your bumper.

slowEJ6
03-18-2002, 07:19 PM
oh and as for the black crap forming on your bumper.....if you wash the area throougly every now and then, it wont stain the bumper. i had the same problem with my old muffler and all i had to do was clean it off while washing my car.