PDA

View Full Version : forget "daily driver" exhaust

TruHeel142
02-14-2002, 06:43 PM
I wuz considering the apexi world sport exhaust till I realized something about it......its basically the same damn thing that I have right now, the tip is only half an inch bigger and the sound will be identical, so forget that. I've set out to go broke, so now I'm looking at Greddy Evo and Apexi Dunk exhausts. If ur gonna spend ur hard-earned cash on ur car, do it right and get the best u can get, don't just go out and waste ur damn money *cough*apexiworldsport*cough*

So what do ya think?? which one??? or neither???

94_AcCoRd_EX
02-14-2002, 06:45 PM
If you don't mind a big tip, Greddy EVOs are nice, and they sound nice too.

TruHeel142
02-14-2002, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX
If you don't mind a big tip, Greddy EVOs are nice, and they sound nice too.

Believe me, thats part of the reason I dumped the world sport idea, the tip on it is so freaking small, and it has basically no hp gains at all. I hear EVO's are nice...very nice....damn ur convincing me already....EVO EVO EVO!!!!

tightteg52
02-15-2002, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by TruHeel142
I wuz considering the apexi world sport exhaust till I realized something about it......its basically the same damn thing that I have right now, the tip is only half an inch bigger and the sound will be identical, so forget that. I've set out to go broke, so now I'm looking at Greddy Evo and Apexi Dunk exhausts. If ur gonna spend ur hard-earned cash on ur car, do it right and get the best u can get, don't just go out and waste ur damn money *cough*apexiworldsport*cough*

So what do ya think?? which one??? or neither???

**cough** big tip is ricey **cough** **cough** no balls to back the tip **cough**!!!!

but if you are going to go bigger tip and loud for our a$shole nc cops then i would say the tannabe racing medallion thats what ill probally get but ijust dont like greddy i've heard that in long term there stuff can get pretty faulty! so if i were you i say tanabe or apexi dunk me im getting the tannabe.

Accord Man
02-15-2002, 10:37 AM
Most of my friends are running EVO's.. Never had a problem.

Plus they sound amazing..

TruHeel142
02-15-2002, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Accord Man
Most of my friends are running EVO's.. Never had a problem.

Plus they sound amazing..

tight, why are u biased against greddy??? Everyone I've talked to says how awesome they sound, and its pretty clear that they are very well made. Evo it is, ur not changing my mind on this one.

Accord Man
02-15-2002, 01:31 PM

tight, why are u biased against greddy??? Everyone I've talked to says how awesome they sound, and its pretty clear that they are very well made. Evo it is, ur not changing my mind on this one.

Bad childhood memories!! j/k

:D :D

tightteg52
02-15-2002, 05:17 PM

a few people i know from other boards greddy products started out niceley and ended up cracking or what have you. so im staying away cause of the stories i've heard.

Honda Type R
03-04-2002, 09:09 AM
Shoot i love my Evo and i have a 98 civic Ex... all the ppl i heard who has them does not get harassed by cops cuz it is a daily driver exhaust in lower rpms and so forth. So to me the evo is a Daily driver exhaust... til u get on it and has no raspy sound

TruHeel142
03-07-2002, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Honda Type R
Shoot i love my Evo and i have a 98 civic Ex... all the ppl i heard who has them does not get harassed by cops cuz it is a daily driver exhaust in lower rpms and so forth. So to me the evo is a Daily driver exhaust... til u get on it and has no raspy sound

Exactly, i've heard it has a deep throaty awesome pitch when low in rpms, and when it gets up in rpms it sounds like a beast. Damn, i wish my tax returns would hurry up

tightteg52
03-07-2002, 12:02 PM

Exactly, i've heard it has a deep throaty awesome pitch when low in rpms, and when it gets up in rpms it sounds like a beast. Damn, i wish my tax returns would hurry up

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME A BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D a friggin 140hp BEAST hahahahahahahahahaha yo've lost it man you really really have lost it!!

http://members.shaw.ca/alexs001/smilies/wiggle.gif http://members.shaw.ca/alexs001/smilies/withstupid.gif care to refrase that BEAST comment??:confused: :confused:

TruHeel142
03-08-2002, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by tightteg52

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME A BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D a friggin 140hp BEAST hahahahahahahahahaha yo've lost it man you really really have lost it!!

http://members.shaw.ca/alexs001/smilies/wiggle.gif http://members.shaw.ca/alexs001/smilies/withstupid.gif care to refrase that BEAST comment??:confused: :confused:

Wow you've got probs.... no comment, but by the way u wanna go tell everyone with Tegs that have a lot of pride in their cars that their cars are slow pieces of sh*t....go ahead, but don't tell that sh*t to me

tightteg52
03-08-2002, 11:38 AM

Wow you've got probs.... no comment, but by the way u wanna go tell everyone with Tegs that have a lot of pride in their cars that their cars are slow pieces of sh*t....go ahead, but don't tell that sh*t to me

dude im just playin! But compared to other cars in similar price ranges Teg are slow! NO doubt about it they aren't fast by any means! Yeah they look good and quick for a honda but there are other cars quicker and cheaper. but seriously chill out! To each there own! THIS GOES TO ALL TEG OWNERS! THEY ARE PRETTY THEY ARE SOMEWHAT QUICK BUT KNOW YOUR CARS LIMITATIONS! The best kill you can hope for stock for stock in a integra is a 6cyl mustang/camaro/firebird . But think about it 140hp stock mixed with the fact that honda overrates there car notoriously! Dynos dont lie the are rated at 140 but you dyno it and it comes out to 115 120 thats just not cool! But This was in no means meant to shoot down anyones hopes or dreams cause tegs have hella potentail wether its vtec or not!

non you can put on a vtec head and if done proparly you have aroun 180fwhp

vtec TURBO that bad boy! but with i/e or i/h/e hondas are realativley slow for there class yes hondas included! but we have the type r one hella sweet track car! I did not mean to ruffle and feathers with this post jsut stating the facts!

TT52