PDA

View Full Version : Help my right front bumper light goes out

C's 94 InTeGrA
02-12-2002, 08:24 PM
Ok on my 94 Teg i just got Clear bumper lenses and i got blue bulbs to replace the amber ones. well since i have had them for about 3 weeks every now and then the right light keeps going out. and i take it apart and press the bulb into the socket it wors fine for about another week.. well tonight it did it again (4TH TIME!) wats causing this? blown fuse?? bad bulb?

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid28/p4d432b8edbd345d184f45900547781c8/fdf5a3dd.jpg
Chris's 94 In Teg

tightteg52
02-12-2002, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by C's 94 InTeGrA
Ok on my 94 Teg i just got Clear bumper lenses and i got blue bulbs to replace the amber ones. well since i have had them for about 3 weeks every now and then the right light keeps going out. and i take it apart and press the bulb into the socket it wors fine for about another week.. well tonight it did it again (4TH TIME!) wats causing this? blown fuse?? bad bulb?

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid28/p4d432b8edbd345d184f45900547781c8/fdf5a3dd.jpg
Chris's 94 In Teg

A: if your just pressing it in to make it work and not jiggling a fuse or changing bulbs then check that a: the socket for the bulb isn't dirty b: the bulb isn't dirty. my best advice probally NOT a fuse and if your corner light is going out as in your front blinker in the corner then it would blink extremly fast.

TruHeel142
02-13-2002, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by tightteg52

A: if your just pressing it in to make it work and not jiggling a fuse or changing bulbs then check that a: the socket for the bulb isn't dirty b: the bulb isn't dirty. my best advice probally NOT a fuse and if your corner light is going out as in your front blinker in the corner then it would blink extremly fast.

Hehe, my dad's car's right front light is blinking REALLY freakin fast, so its prob the fuse in his case. Tight, u have any experience with broken parts on ur car????

;) jfwy, maybe ur header(notice I didn't say headers!!!) problem is just a fuse also:rolleyes:that'd make it a lot easier to fix, but hey, taking apart ur header to fix it should be fun to watch.

tightteg52
02-13-2002, 06:22 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TruHeel142

QUOTE][B]Hehe, my dad's car's right front light is blinking REALLY freakin fast, so its prob the fuse in his case. Tight, u have any experience with broken parts on ur car????

NO in his case its the bulb fuse doesn't normally do that the fast blinking is a warning/reminder that your blinker is going out and helps to prevent you from geting ticketed for having a non working blinker! the header is gonna be fun!

C's 94 InTeGrA
02-13-2002, 09:29 PM
ok hanx guys.. yes it blinks extremely fast... and it has not gone out yet.. well when i took the bulb and socket out there was a bunch of black crap all over it... and its inside where the blulb goes.. u think thas my problem?

Chris's 94 In Teg

tightteg52
02-14-2002, 01:22 PM
ok hanx guys.. yes it blinks extremely fast... and it has not gone out yet.. well when i took the bulb and socket out there was a bunch of black crap all over it... and its inside where the blulb goes.. u think thas my problem?

Chris's 94 In Teg

K now we are getting somwhere if it blinks extremley fast AND goes out on ya clean it our witha dry rag or go to electronics sotre see what they say and also replace your bulbs if it blinks very rapidly then its gonna go on ya soon. remember thogh if you replace the front and its still blinking fast then check your rear it might be going out so i would suggest going ahead and buying bulbs for front and back and replacing all four taht will save you problems in the long run.

C's 94 InTeGrA
02-14-2002, 06:33 PM
Ok well its not doing it riht now and its still working and blinking at usualy speed. besdies them bulbs i put in up front are like brand new.. not even 2 weeks old... i am going ot go in there and clean them off really well but for now its not doing it... and i hope it stays like that...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid28/pe974386f73c3be7dd55e508bb421161c/fdf5c646.jpg
Chris's 94 In Teg

tightteg52
02-15-2002, 12:03 AM
Ok well its not doing it riht now and its still working and blinking at usualy speed. besdies them bulbs i put in up front are like brand new.. not even 2 weeks old... i am going ot go in there and clean them off really well but for now its not doing it... and i hope it stays like that...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid28/pe974386f73c3be7dd55e508bb421161c/fdf5c646.jpg
Chris's 94 In Teg

well it being dirty is probaly your problem then man ifit can't get a good connection then it won't stay on so theres your problem im like 80 percent sure of it