PDA

View Full Version : Intakes?

Integra221
01-30-2002, 03:10 PM
Which of the 2 aem intakes is would be a better way to go the one that goes all the way into the bumper or the one that just sits next to your batery. Also is the air bypass valve really all that it is said to be... and how exactly does the valve work.

thanks,
Chris

94_AcCoRd_EX
01-30-2002, 03:35 PM
Well, you can read more info on the workings of the system at AEM (www.aempower.com)

As for which intake to choose, I'd only go with the cold air intake. It will make more power by sucking in colder air from the bumper region. Short rams are something to stay away from IMHO.

And welcome to HS :cool:

Integra221
01-30-2002, 07:52 PM
also what do you think would be the best exust for a 93 integra ls planing on going ls/vtec soon
-tanabe racing or hks hiper

-also which of these 2 sounds better

TruHeel142
01-30-2002, 08:50 PM
Its pretty simple. I just put on my AEM cold air intake, and it has to be the best sounding intake on the market, + it has the highest horsepower gains. The short ram intake, doesn't make as cool of a sound and doesn't get u a horsepower gain. So, if ur in the market for an intake, go get an aem cai.

I did not get the bypass valve for one reason....you won't ever need it. Literally, u'd have to drive through a puddle about 2-3 feet deep for it to hydrolock, and I sure hope u don't drive through puddles like that in ur Teg. :no: Good luck wit ur Teg!!

Integra221
01-30-2002, 08:54 PM
Yeah it does'nt flood that offten in Maryland so hopfully i can aviod those 3ft pudles. I pretty much thought that the bypass valve was bullshit from looking at it and reading about it so i guess i was right. :D

Thanks for your imput Tru :D

TruHeel142
01-30-2002, 09:02 PM
No prob, and keep us updated on whatcha do to ur car! I'm in the process of looking at cat-back exhausts right now too, so I'll let ya know what I decide on, and such. :yes:

Integra221
01-30-2002, 09:06 PM
Sure thing. I am going to order my exhaust sometime next week but i am still depating what kind to get because i have just heard that tanabe is not that great for my car since i am planing on going ls/vtec:confused:

94_AcCoRd_EX
01-30-2002, 09:13 PM
Actually, regarding the bypass valve, you only have to drive through 1-1.5 ft deep to hydrolock your engine. I have the valve, but kind of regret cutting my intake for it, even though I live where it rains a lot. Remember, the valve robs 1-3 hp from you if you use it. Now I just replace the valve with a silicon coupler and its just like I never installed it.

Integra221
01-30-2002, 09:20 PM
Ha 1-1.5 ft you say...ok well i dont think its worth it then i did'nt know that it may take some hp...not like 1-3 hp really maters if it will save your engine....but i guess i'll just save my 3 hp and my 40 bucks and just swerve when i see those huge ass pudles come out of no where

TruHeel142
01-31-2002, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Integra221
Ha 1-1.5 ft you say...ok well i dont think its worth it then i did'nt know that it may take some hp...not like 1-3 hp really maters if it will save your engine....but i guess i'll just save my 3 hp and my 40 bucks and just swerve when i see those huge ass pudles come out of no where

Exactly. I live in NC, where it doesn't rain much and NEVER floods, so it'd be a dumb idea to get the valve for me. But if ya live in Seattle or somewhere that rains a lot, it may be a good idea. It all depends on where ya live.

Integra221
01-31-2002, 02:05 PM
yeah i live in maryland so i dont think i will be needing one