PDA

View Full Version : wanted: 1.8l integra LS motor

twenty1psi
12-07-2005, 06:51 PM
Hey everyone, my wife blew the motor in her teggy and I'm not having too much luck finding one local. I know alot of you guys swap them out for V-Techs so I'm sure SOMEONE has one laying around.
I'm not looking to mod it at all so stocker will do. I have a DSM for when I get the urge to turn wrenches. ;)

Fatal070
12-07-2005, 09:11 PM
VTEC....not VTECH:od

AzCivic
12-07-2005, 10:36 PM
I'd suggest checking out a local junkyard, they're pretty plentiful. then you don't have to pay for shipping and you don't have to take a chance on getting something in crappy condition. And if there's a problem you can drive right back to the place you got it and take care of it, rather than threaten someone through email.

twenty1psi
12-07-2005, 11:47 PM
Thanks guys.:thumbsup:
I found one at a boneyard close to my house with the same motor but the car was pretty thrashed and the front end was so bad the radiator was almost folded over the exaust mani. Plus there was almost 200K on the odo.
Also, what engine code am I looking for? I know it's cast on the block somewhere but I didn't notice it when poking around the engine bay.
Forgive the honda/acura noobness. I'm a DSM'er and have been for the past 10 yrs. :devil:

pdiggitydogg
12-08-2005, 12:03 AM
If youre just replacing the block, either b18a or b18b will be fine. If youre doing more, 94+ is b18b; -93 is b18a

www.car-part.com is a great resource to search several yards at once

What caused the previous engine to blow anyway?

twenty1psi
12-08-2005, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by pdiggitydogg

What caused the previous engine to blow anyway?

A week ago, she told me her car was making a funny noise. I took it for a ride and noticed a knocking around 2K rpms and then it'd stop. I figured she spun a rod bearing so I told her she shouldn't really drive it too much and to take it REAL easy if she has to because I don't care for wrenching during New England winters.
Anyway, she needed to go to the grocery store and I wasn't home. She got a few miles from the house and it seized. I've yet to tear into it but it's not turning over and makes a nasty grinding noise when the key is turned.
I was thinking that it also might be the timing belt but since it was knocking the way it was, I doubt it...
For what I can get another motor for, I'd rather just drop another one in rather than dick around with this one. Hell, I've seen motors go for a little more than what it would cost to buy parts for the 60K maint on my Eclipse.

AzCivic
12-08-2005, 12:01 PM
sweet link pdiggs!

twenty1psi
12-08-2005, 03:52 PM
update:
I went out there today and had my buddy crank it over while I peeked under the hood. ACC belts are turning so it looks like it was just the timing belt. Are these interference engines? If it's JUST the timing belt, I'll change it and the normal stuff that goes along with it but if there's a chance she bent valves, I'll just swap motors cause it'll be less headaches.

ebpda9
12-08-2005, 11:21 PM
well it is an interference engine. i have a b18a1 (from a 92 ls) head for sale