PDA

View Full Version : New to Tegs...

JDock
01-18-2002, 11:02 PM
Hey sup guys, well I just wanna say hi and stuff. I'm new to the integra crowd, I used to drive a nice little 2k2 Civic Coupe 5-Spd with basic mods, till it got stolen because I parked it in a dark alley... my back yard... Well yeh, I'm startin in on the Integra's now, and I was wonderin on where I should start? I don't get the entire difference between the LS, RS, GS, LSS, but I know probbaly stock the GS-R would possibly be a nice bet, but I was wondering if there is any trouble with them? Yeh, well, I would just like a little info on it. I'm going for mainly performance, and style also, I'm not some hardcore racer tryin to be faster than anyone else, I just want a nice ride that can handle its own... Thanks for all the help guys.

tightteg52
01-19-2002, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by JDock
Hey sup guys, well I just wanna say hi and stuff. I'm new to the integra crowd, I used to drive a nice little 2k2 Civic Coupe 5-Spd with basic mods, till it got stolen because I parked it in a dark alley... my back yard... Well yeh, I'm startin in on the Integra's now, and I was wonderin on where I should start? I don't get the entire difference between the LS, RS, GS, LSS, but I know probbaly stock the GS-R would possibly be a nice bet, but I was wondering if there is any trouble with them? Yeh, well, I would just like a little info on it. I'm going for mainly performance, and style also, I'm not some hardcore racer tryin to be faster than anyone else, I just want a nice ride that can handle its own... Thanks for all the help guys.

Well the integra is a great platform for what your looking for considering your goals i woul say a gsr w/ i/e and a drop of about 2" is perfect for you but the whole difference thing is kinda hard to explain do to factory options but i will do my best. on the 3rd gen 94+

RS: base model manual door locks manual windows no sunrof side mirrors are black

LS: next up this is what i have powe windows power door locks sunroof painted mirrors

GS: to my understanding is a ls w/ leather and painted moldings

GSR: is a upgraded engine and suspension w/ gs interior

Type-r 97-98: racing seats no ac no sunroof all out race type car pw,pdl(ac is a dealership option)

0-01 type r: same as 97-98 but w/ ac

engine wise the rs-gs all have the b18b 140hp 125 tourque

gsr 170hp 126 tourque

R 200 hp 127 tourque

hope that helped you!!

juvenile
01-19-2002, 10:09 AM
thanks for the info tightteg52! :)

tightteg52
01-19-2002, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by juvenile
thanks for the info tightteg52! :)

np prblem im here to help.

TruHeel142
01-19-2002, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by tightteg52

RS: base model manual door locks manual windows no sunrof side mirrors are black

Nice explanation, but my RS has power windows, other than that, ur right on:yes:

SWIFT
01-21-2002, 02:29 AM
ummm..i think gsr has 170 hp... mine does ;) type r would be your best choice but it's kinda pricey... i'd say go w/ Gsr. it's got enough power to hang... goodluck!

tightteg52
01-21-2002, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by TruHeel142

Nice explanation, but my RS has power windows, other than that, ur right on:yes:

probaly a factory option but honda/acura loves changing things in the middle of a generation!

TruHeel142
01-22-2002, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by tightteg52

probaly a factory option but honda/acura loves changing things in the middle of a generation!

yeah, sorry bout that, ur probably right, maybe it wuz an option, who knows

tightteg52
01-22-2002, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by TruHeel142

yeah, sorry bout that, ur probably right, maybe it wuz an option, who knows

Serously buy a acura aint easy cause they aren't clear on trim level or what comes on what i will try to do some more reasearch!

Integra221
01-31-2002, 10:58 AM
If you are looking for mainly performance with the least amount of money i would say your best bet is the GSR or LS and go vtec with the ls. Just dont buy a 93 or below gsr because they are trash. You can get a gsr for about 7-9 grand depending on the year and condition, and then put about another grand in it and run 14's. Start out with either Custom exhaust system or HKS and then get DC sports header with aem cold air intake.

tightteg52
02-25-2002, 01:48 AM
Well it looks like somwhere along the lines i think in 96 or 97 probaly 07 they added power windows on the rs as a stock feature.