PDA

View Full Version : New Project

Infinity_Racer
01-15-2002, 10:36 PM
ok HS members...i need all of your help...a couple of friends of mine, as well as myself, are getting ready to start on my friends 1991 GS...my question is, can someone give me the specs to this car??? and what kind of mods would you suggest??? because swapping is not an option...we're planning on rebuilding the bottom end and the head soon, but dont know exactly what kind of parts to get...like cams, rods, pistons, etc...we're making this an all out street legal race car, w/ a sleeper mentality of course... any ideas, comments or replies??? :) thanks

tightteg52
01-15-2002, 10:42 PM
Well i will help you out tomorrow that will give me time to do some quick reasearch and also sleep but do you want a turbo or na set up and also what is your price limit?? cause an all out build up will cost major $$$$ and my final ?? is how many miles does it have and what shape is the engine in???

Infinity_Racer
01-15-2002, 11:00 PM
well we want a turbo added on in the far far future...but rite now we're staying N/A, because we're prepping it for the FI...but the engine has about 101K miles on it, and still runs pretty strong...(ran it against my car a couple of times) we've already ordered an intake for it, but we dont know what to do next...any suggestions...And yes, money is a factor, but this poject will take time, not a couple of months kinda thing...thanks for the quick reply...

tightteg52
01-15-2002, 11:14 PM
first of i need to know how deep you guys are willing to go cause you could just thicken the head gasket and and new pistons for turbo. but if you want some suggestions for next mods

Exhause this is a your choice sorta thing if your are gonna turbo then 2.5" pipping should be perfect either go custom or find an aftermarket you like if you go custom you can pick and muffler/tip you want.

Suspension there is NO point in power if you arent gonna be able to put it to the ground so you are gonna want springs or coilovers eibach is great for springs and agy is great for gast shock coilovers i've heard good things bout eibach there.

as for a turbo kit im not sure if a company makes a kit for that year integra so you might have to get a custom kit check the turbo forum a few people there are fairly experienced at putting kits together from scrap but i will check around.

strut bars should be in your future. and if you want cams dont go to aggresive cause this is a very tricky part of a build up A cam gears are pointless with out cams but on the other side you dont wanna go to aggressive if you plan to turbo that will just mess things up further. answer my questions and i will get back to you. hope i can be of some help to ya!

TruHeel142
01-16-2002, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Infinity_Racer
well we want a turbo added on in the far far future...but rite now we're staying N/A, because we're prepping it for the FI...but the engine has about 101K miles on it, and still runs pretty strong...(ran it against my car a couple of times) we've already ordered an intake for it, but we dont know what to do next...any suggestions...And yes, money is a factor, but this poject will take time, not a couple of months kinda thing...thanks for the quick reply...

You'd better swap out and get a new engine, cause its not safe or smart to put a turbo on a 100K+ engine. If ya do that, then u'll be set, but IMO its not at all smart to put a turbo on ur engine as it. Ask anybody and they'll most likely tell you the same thing. An engine with that many miles on it, will not hold up long with a turbo strapped on. And if ur planning on getting a turbo, don't get headers, cause duh.....just don't :no:

tightteg52
01-16-2002, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by TruHeel142

You'd better swap out and get a new engine, cause its not safe or smart to put a turbo on a 100K+ engine. If ya do that, then u'll be set, but IMO its not at all smart to put a turbo on ur engine as it. Ask anybody and they'll most likely tell you the same thing. An engine with that many miles on it, will not hold up long with a turbo strapped on. And if ur planning on getting a turbo, don't get headers, cause duh.....just don't :no:

Thanks for the input bro but let peopl that know what they're talken about deal with this!! First 100k plus BAH who cares!!! Infinity racer step one is to get a compression check and if its pretty even accross all cylinders then your set other wise it will be more difficultalso check the engine and see what engine is in it next to the headers should be a flat piece with your engine stamped on it so do those things and we will move on to the next phase!

TruHeel142
01-16-2002, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by tightteg52

Thanks for the input bro but let peopl that know what they're talken about deal with this!! First 100k plus BAH who cares!!! Infinity racer step one is to get a compression check and if its pretty even accross all cylinders then your set other wise it will be more difficultalso check the engine and see what engine is in it next to the headers should be a flat piece with your engine stamped on it so do those things and we will move on to the next phase!

Well, I'm not sure what to say bout that. 100K+ mileage and turbo's don't happen very often, its not smart.

juvenile
01-16-2002, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Infinity_Racer
1991 GS...my question is, can someone give me the specs to this car???

The mods part, I'm not experienced at all sorry :(

But specs here you go

1990 Acura Integra GS 8.9(0-60) 16.6 (1/4 mile)

It'll be pretty much the same for the 91

tightteg52
01-16-2002, 05:47 PM

Well, I'm not sure what to say bout that. 100K+ mileage and turbo's don't happen very often, its not smart.

Ok you say its not smart why then smart guy??"???

Infinity_Racer
01-16-2002, 06:22 PM

we're not planning on slapping a turbo on rite away...thats why i said we were going to build it up for boost first, because we dont want to go through swapping, plus, there isnt a lot of built LS's where we are from...all GSR's...

exactly where can i go to get the compressions check? :confused: i'm still learning the ropes on internals, but i'm learning as we speak...thanks for the quick reply again...:)

tightteg52
01-16-2002, 06:40 PM
ho to compression check (http://www.c-speedracing.com/howto/comptest/comptest.html) thats how you do it and buying the guage wil cost less then having a mechanic do it so why not learn somthing and do it yourself!!

after that we can get more in depth but if you are looking to build for boost i can dig up the parts needed and w/ these parts you should be able to bpps around 16psi at the track if not more i will get back to you asap and try to do the comp check soon that way I can help you get started!