PDA

View Full Version : Installation of AEM CAI...

TruHeel142
01-15-2002, 02:47 PM
Either today or tommmorrow, I'll be posting a step by step post on how to install an AEM cold air intake on my Integra. My Teg is a 97 non-vtec, so any of u with a similar car and hopes of putting a intake on ur Teg soon, I'll be posting soon to tell ya how to do it. I'll holla back, soon......if my intake EVER GETS HERE!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

tightteg52
01-15-2002, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by TruHeel142
Either today or tommmorrow, I'll be posting a step by step post on how to install an AEM cold air intake on my Integra. My Teg is a 97 non-vtec, so any of u with a similar car and hopes of putting a intake on ur Teg soon, I'll be posting soon to tell ya how to do it. I'll holla back, soon......if my intake EVER GETS HERE!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

whos doing it bro? if its you and me sat morning should be the best time but its your call man

Badcar22
01-16-2002, 07:01 AM
steven i told u so told ya so u are never gong to get it because they ripped u off:bandit:

SexyTeg
01-18-2002, 01:48 PM
patiently waiting for the step-by-step.. ;)

TruHeel142
01-22-2002, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by SexyTeg
patiently waiting for the step-by-step.. ;)
ME TOO!!! Don't even get me started on that again, go check out the "stupid diablo" thread. :mad: They "say" its coming in today the 22nd, but I don't believe anything they say, but if it does come in today, I'll post a step by step tonight.

tightteg52
01-22-2002, 03:15 PM

ME TOO!!! Don't even get me started on that again, go check out the "stupid diablo" thread. :mad: They "say" its coming in today the 22nd, but I don't believe anything they say, but if it does come in today, I'll post a step by step tonight.

Hmmmm ummmmm NO!!! it didn't come to my knowledge oh well bro i cant wait for it to come so i can help ya with it!!!

TruHeel142
01-23-2002, 11:17 AM
It finally came.....finally

tightteg52
01-23-2002, 04:13 PM

And punk wont let us put it on so ther will be NO TRUE how to cause hes to anxious and doesn't wanna get hands on with it oh well his problem not mine!!! oh ya stephen your a PUNK!

94_AcCoRd_EX
01-23-2002, 05:10 PM

Sweet! :cool:

TruHeel142
01-23-2002, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by tightteg52

And punk wont let us put it on so ther will be NO TRUE how to cause hes to anxious and doesn't wanna get hands on with it oh well his problem not mine!!! oh ya stephen your a PUNK!

well, theres no way on earth we could of put it on without my friends help.....we ended up having to jack up the car, take off the tire, take off part of the front bumper, take out the upper and lower air box, "make" a custom washer thingy to attach the damn thing to the side(the washer it gave us didn't fit so we had to make another one using diff washers and it finally fit), and then freaking put part of the front bumper back on.........so I'm glad I got his help....oh, and it sounds sweet as h8ll and feels like a 50 hp gain:yes:

Ohh, it sounds SWEET at 6000 rpm...:eek: :eek: :eek:

SWIFT
01-23-2002, 10:15 PM
well, at least it's installed now.. CONGRATS!

tightteg52
01-23-2002, 10:47 PM

well, theres no way on earth we could of put it on without my friends help.....we ended up having to jack up the car, take off the tire, take off part of the front bumper, take out the upper and lower air box, "make" a custom washer thingy to attach the damn thing to the side(the washer it gave us didn't fit so we had to make another one using diff washers and it finally fit), and then freaking put part of the front bumper back on.........so I'm glad I got his help....oh, and it sounds sweet as h8ll and feels like a 50 hp gain:yes:

Ohh, it sounds SWEET at 6000 rpm...:eek: :eek: :eek:

hate to call you out and all man were good friends but didn't you tell me on the 23rd that it wouldn't be put on tell the 24th?? after school and you typed this on the 23rd im confused man once again hate to call you out but somthing dont add up!

TruHeel142
01-24-2002, 11:29 AM
Now do things add up???:) :) :) I think as I drove away u "probably" heard it...

tightteg52
01-24-2002, 06:11 PM
i understand now but one little thing to bad it wont help you in marchish;) it will be alright you will see the light!

94_AcCoRd_EX
01-24-2002, 07:20 PM
Glad you got everything installed. CAIs make the nicest sound... :yes:

TruHeel142
01-25-2002, 03:53 PM
Here's a brief summary of what we did (I wasn't there for the first half of it being installed cause my really friendly boss "BS", didn't let me take my damn lunch when I asked. Well anyways I helped with the last half of it...

Before I got out there, my friend had taken out the upper air box by just unbolting a few screws. Then he had to jack up the car, and remove the front right tire. After this u need to remove the lower air box under where the top one wuz(Its huge, hard to miss the lower one). Now we're ready to start putting it on.

Fit on the connecting hose to the end of where the intake attaches to engine. Just slide it on, and use the fastners to get it on there tight. Now, slide the intake in, putting the flat part into the connecting hose and letting the part that goes down, fall down into place(should go way down next to the bottom of ur tire. Now, fasten the intake to the hose, with whatever they give ya, and proceed to the part that gave us problems.

On the downward part of the intake, halfway down u need to bolt it onto the side of ur car. U'll see a lot of little holes in ur Teg where it could fit into, but if u put the connecting hose on right and u fit the intake into the hose right, then there's only one hole it should be close to. Get out the washer connector they give ya, and put the slot of the intake through it, then screw the washers down into the hole. This is where we had a little problem, because our washers wouldn't fit right into the hole, it wuz half an inch to the right of the hole, so we had to readjust the hose at the beginning, and then adjust the washers a bit for them to finally fit in the hole. This sidetrack only took about 5 minutes, but still. Now with the intake bolted into the side it is secure. Go down and put the filter on the end of the intake, and boom its on.

Now all ya have to do is backtrack, putting in all of the screws u took out while taking the tire off, and what such. And there, the intake's on.

This is a very short summary of how it wuz put on, basically this is how to do it. There are different ways to putting the intake on. U could take off part of the front bumper, but I think its much easier to just take off the front right tire. And there ya go. I would give ya a little more info if I had been there for the first part of it, but again, I wuz unable to. Oh, and the intake sounds SWEET once u get up in the rpm. Good luck, on installing ur intakes in the future. Once I recieve my exhaust system in a month or two, I'll be there for the entire time, not just part of it, and I'll post that up here too.