PDA

View Full Version : 1990 dx

extasy
01-12-2002, 10:19 AM
Here's the deal I have 90dx hatch...DPFI has air fuel,spark & compression, fires and idles fine, can free rev the piss out of it. Now in lies the question as soon as it is put in gear and under load it basically bogs to the point of almost stalling then it takes off. This occurs in every gear, had an injector code on the ecu so I pulled the fuse to clear it and see if it would return so far it hasn't, timing is within spec and compression is even across all 4 cyl. Any ideas are appreciated

slowEJ6
01-12-2002, 10:27 AM
clogged injectors/fuel filter? i know you said it has fuel but, how do you know the injectors are working up to par? filter too?

extasy
01-12-2002, 10:38 PM
the filter is good... the injector is the suspicious part though, when i pulled the plugs #2 & #3 were loaded with gas. I haven't had a chance to run a voltmeter over them to see if 1: they are getting proper voltage and 2: to see what the resistance is @ the terminals.. thanks.

Badcar22
01-16-2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by hybrid3do0rcx
clogged injectors/fuel filter? i know you said it has fuel but, how do you know the injectors are working up to par? filter too?

i highly agree

2000Pimpinex
02-13-2002, 03:21 PM
I had this problem with my Probe. I had some kinda hole in my exhaust line. Everytime I put it into gear it would die. I can't remember exactly what it was.