PDA

View Full Version : what's the softest "FULL" coilover kit?

mon2mon2
01-02-2002, 11:05 PM
does anybody know what brand of "FULL" coilover kit has the most COMFORTABLE ride? I'm looking for the softest ride, as if it is like stock. I'm just interested in the softness of the ride, not the stiffness .

. .... Anybody.???

TruHeel142
01-03-2002, 12:05 AM
Softest....hmmmmm....its gonna be hard to find coilovers that keep it like stock. I'll take a look for ya, but that'll be hard, as coilovers make if much firmer usually.

Ok, I'm pretty sure there are no full coilover kits u can get that keep it really soft. But if you do get a stiffer kit, you'll most likely get adjusted to it quickly. Everyone I've talked to with a firm coilover kit, tells me that it took some getting used to, but they all love their's now.

mon2mon2
01-03-2002, 11:15 AM
yeah, i'd appreciate if you would find out... thanks. - oh, and the one i have right now is a set of those "cheapies" around $150 and I sure wish I didn't buy 'em. Is there a big difference in ride from those "cheapies" kit, -- and the real kits? (the ones around $900 or so)

94_AcCoRd_EX
01-03-2002, 08:21 PM
$900 is a fairly cheap full kit. Expect to pay more than that for a "good" kit.

TruHeel142
01-03-2002, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX
$900 is a fairly cheap full kit. Expect to pay more than that for a "good" kit.

Well, pretty much anything's better than a $150 set of coilovers.....

H&R coilovers and the ground control coilovers are getting good reviews, but they aren't super soft....

mon2mon2
01-04-2002, 03:20 PM
Ground control makes a "full" coilover kit? -- I thought they only have the coilover to which you use your own strut.

-- I've looked into the H&R kit though... but still nobody's really told me that they ride pretty comfortable as stock.

.... still waiting though.......

94_AcCoRd_EX
01-04-2002, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by mon2mon2
Ground control makes a "full" coilover kit? -- I thought they only have the coilover to which you use your own strut.

I believe they do only make a sleeve, not a true kit.

-- I've looked into the H&R kit though... but still nobody's really told me that they ride pretty comfortable as stock.

.... still waiting though.......

They won't ride as comfortable as stock at all, but if its performance you're going for, they'll help you out there. Many times when you upgrade you trade comfort for performance.

mon2mon2
01-06-2002, 12:33 AM
The neuspeed full kit is around $900. does that kit have a comortable ride?

94_AcCoRd_EX
01-06-2002, 01:46 AM
The neuspeed full kit is around $900. does that kit have a comortable ride?

Probably not... read my above post. I haven't personally been in a car that had them though.

mon2mon2
01-07-2002, 01:51 PM
daing! Full coilover kits ARE expensive. I thought almost all of them are gonna be around $900 like the Neuspeed. -- Anyway, I think this is what I'll be doing now.............................Gonna get Ground Control coilover sleeve kit, (sold on that now) , then, I;m gonna get KYB struts....... But, I don't know if I should go with the AGX(adjustable) or the GR2. My question now is, ... "Is the softest setting on the AGX the same as the GR2." If that's the case, then I'll just purchase the GR2's because I'm only seeking comfort, I'm not really interested on how the stiffness would be ---- coz, the GR2's are less expensive than the AGX.........

okay......... anybody.............help please............... thanks..........

94_AcCoRd_EX
01-07-2002, 03:44 PM
Ok, I was sold on GCs for awhile too, and they will give you good handling and a super stiff ride. From what I've heard, the ride will be fairly harsh, and you really should pair them with nice struts like Koni yellows. After you add that up, you get to around 900ish, which is why I'm going to get the Apex'i WS kit instead.

You mentioned you are only seeking comfort, so I'd really just recommend a subtle drop (Eibach springs) with a decent set of struts. The GCs will not give you the comfort you are looking for.

Accord Man
01-07-2002, 04:56 PM
With AGX, you could tune comfort level.. And they performe quiet well.

If going for comfort, like 94_ACC said, you should just get spring..

Eibach Prokit, with the AGX, is very good, and comfy.

mon2mon2
01-07-2002, 10:44 PM
man, i've got some major thinking to do! thanks for all the inputs...... i won't rush the decision making though....

94_AcCoRd_EX
01-07-2002, 11:27 PM
man, i've got some major thinking to do! thanks for all the inputs...... i won't rush the decision making though....

Yeah, there's quite a lot to think about. I thought about mine so long that I no longer have the money to drop it right now ;)

Accord Man
01-08-2002, 07:34 AM

good plan. Do it right, the first time around.

slowEJ6
01-08-2002, 12:01 PM
the Apexi WS are a GREAT kit, i was planning on getting the kit myself but decided on Tein HA's instead. yeah big price diff right? i know, im odd.

but theres an add for the blowjax air cylinder shiz in SCC and Super Street, in that same ad theres a "THREADED SHOCK BODY" coilover setup for $279 a pair. it DOES NOT ride harsh. at all. a friend of mine has them and has been riding on them for about 6 weeks now, they arent that harsh at all, rather comfy if you ask me. i dunno but for the price they seem worth it if you arent all performance oriented.